5• On & On

"Nevaeh." Joey called for me.

"Yes?" I walked up to him.

"I'm about to go to the studio wanna come along?"

"What? Really? Yeah!" I said excitedly.

"Let's go." He held his hand out for me and I took it.

"Ooo! See y'all later!" Dee winked.

"I see you're getting along with Dee and Kwon." Joey said as we walked into the studio.

"Yeah! They're cool. Kwon is a mess!"

He chuckled. "Yeah! He always talking about some dumb shit. You sure you're not hungry though?"

"Don't worry about it. I'm good!"

"Yo you heard about Tonya?!" A guy asked.

"Ooo shit! What happened?!" Another dude asked.

"She thotin' out here cuz!"

"Eeee heheheh!"

"What the hell?!" I started laughing.

Joey laughed. "Yo Nyck!"

"Badmon Jozif!!!!" Nyck came up to him and gave him dap. "Ooo who's this?"

"This is my friend Nevaeh." He said.

"Nice to meet you! You happen to know a Tonya?" Nyck asked.

"Nope." I shook my head.

"Good cuz she thotin'!!!!!!" The dude Nyck was talking to yelled. "Thottie!!!! Ooo yeah she a thottie! Suckin' dick at her grandmama house thinking its okkkkk." He sang.

"Kirk shut the hell up!" Joey said. "Come here and introduce yourself."

He scrambled over and gave me a hug. "Hey I'm Kirk."

"Get yo body off of ha!" Nyck wrinkled his nose. "Nasty ass-get away Kirk go, leave, bye. Get the hell away."

Kirk released from the hug. "Shut up Nyck. Anyway, what's your name?"

"Nevaeh." I said. I'm getting tired of telling everyone my name.

"Ooo! That's not common!" Kirk said.

"Kirk and Nyck!" Joey started. "Y'all know damn well you some quiet niggas. What's going on?"

"We just being nice." Nyck said.

"Mhm. All of the sudden you loud, you too Kirk."

I laughed.

"Man whatever. I got a beat you can hop on in the studio. Go in and make it happen." Kirk said.

"Aite thanks." He gave them dap and I followed him to the studio.

The room filled with pianos, drums and keyboards and guitars playing. People waved at me and I waved back.

"It's pretty chill in here." I said.

"Yeah. Can you sit here while I record?"

"Yeah. Go on and do your thing." I sat in a seat and he rushed into the recording room.

While Joey was recording Kirk came and sat next to me. Joey noticed him from inside the room but didn't seem to mind.

"How are you liking it here so far?" He asked.

"Pretty nice. I like how peaceful it is in here."

"Yeah, you rap, sing or play anything?" He asked.

"I sing but I'm shy." I played with my fingers and looked away. "I haven't...you know...been around people in a while and have low self esteem."

"What do you mean I haven't been around people in a while?"

"My family and friends cut me off because my ex's new girl and him spread some false shit about me causing me to loose everyone. I lived in a shoebox by myself while it was happening and didn't have the strength to get out and meet people."

"I'm so sorry." He hugged me

"It's fine. I'm here now and thanks to your friend I'm slowly gaining my confidence."

"Yeah Joey's good at that. I hope the modeling is helping too. Kwon and Dee being nice to you? Joey told me about how you're our newest model."

"Oh yeah! Yeah, I'm sure there's never a dull moment with Kwon around!" I giggled.

He chuckled. "Never."