22• No Good For Community

"Can't speak Indigo?" I asked as she walked by.

"Hi Nevaeh." She said quietly. Once she sat back down I started cheesing hard.

"You a bully!" Jenna started cracking up.

"Nah I'm not gonna do her like that." The waitress gave us the bill and we split. The total was forty seven dollars and we both payed twenty three dollars and five cents but I payed the dollar tax.

"You ready?" Jenna asked as she grabbed her purse.

"Yeah let's go."

"Did Nyck tell you about the new Pro Era merch?" She asked as she kept her eyes on the road and stopped at a red light.

"Yeah, he actually texted me. Pro Era shirts, bookbags, a whole lot of new stuff."

"They look pretty dope though. I'm excited about the bookbags."

"Same."

   We hung out at her house for a little bit until it started getting late and the mosquitos were ready to feast on my skin.

"Bye Jen." I hugged her in the subway.

"You know your way home right?"

"Yup. Thanks for everything."

"No problem, make sure you call or text me when you get home, girly."

"K."

The ground started rumbling, the train emerged from the darkness and screeched while stopping and opening its doors letting people in and out.

"Stand clear of the closing door please."

The doors closed and I was on my way home.

• 8:58 p.m •

"JOEYYY!" I called out as I entered the house and texted Jenna.

"You back babygirl!!" He hugged me and dragged me to his room.

"Woah. What's happening?" He pushed me down on his bed and my palms got sweaty.

"Stay still, aite?"

"I'm still..."

After he inspected...whatever the fuck he was looking at he told me to stand up and I did that.

He smirked. "You're so tense! Loosen up ma!"

"I'm not tense. What I need to be tense fo?"

"Attitude." He made a stank face.

"Sorry."

"Anyway, I was just testing something. You can leave."

I raised a brow and went to my room.

Weird ass fuckin' Joey! Why does he do these things?! The fuck was he making me do?!

"Nevaeh!" Joey yelled from his room.

I sighed and walked to his room. "Yes?"

"Come hereeeee. Why you in the doorway?"

"I'm fine where I'm at. What do you want Joey?"

"Can I talk to you?" He asked.

"Yeah...?" I sat down next to him.

"Do you trust me?"

"Of course...why? What's going on?"

He took a deep breath and put his head in his hands. "This shit with Indigo lowkey gettin' to me."

"Why though?"

He chuckled. "Don't say it like that."

"Like what? You stressing over some hoe."

"I just need to vent to you. Can I do that?"

"Sure."

He moved closer to me. "Ever since I been doing music a whole bunch of shit been happening. I'm losing people."

"I mean...you're an artist." I said.

"I know but Indigo is one of the only girls that's been there for me since day one and it's hard letting go of her like that."

"Oh..."

He looked me in the eyes. "Promise you won't do anything that'll hurt me."

"What?" I'm confused as shit.

This nigga look intimidating as fuck right? But...he's afraid of getting hurt by someone he barley knows, it hasn't even been a month!!!

"I don't think I can handle losing someone like you. You're the only person..." His voice trailed and he kissed me and I kissed back.

"My bad." He pulled away.

"No it's cool! You just needed someone."

He grabbed my waist and slammed his lips into mine and pulled me on top of him.