38• Take You There

"Sup ladies?" Issa said as he walked in.

Jenna and I sighed in relief.

"The hell? Y'all good?" He asked.

"Yeah." I said. "Where's ya boy?"

"Keem? He out getting something to eat. What y'all up to?" He rested his arms on my head.

"Ow." I said lowly.

"We were just talking about loyalty." Jenna made a face at me and I looked away.

"Why? You two are like part the thirty percent of loyal people on this earth. Yeah?" He laughed.

"Yeah. Nevaeh?" Jenna said.

"Very loyal." I gulped and moved from under Issa.

Issa came back and put his arms on my head. "You guys know what's wrong with Joey?"

"Uh uh, what's wrong with him?" Jenna asked.

"He distant as fuck. Dessy asked him what was wrong but he just ignored him. He mean muggin', quiet and everything." He shrugged.

"Oh..." I said.

"Yeah I noticed that too. Did Indi say or do anything to him?" She asked.

"Nah. Just happened out of no where. He'll be here any second now, so hopefully he'll tell us."

"We shall see." Jenna said.

I chewed on my tongue.

Issa giggled. "You guys are so cute. I'll catch y'all in the morning, I'm shleeeeep." He walked to his room.

"Peace."

"Night." I said.

Kwon came out of no where doing his snapchat thing. He went to the fridge and started talking to his phone.

"Major key ladies." He held up a cup of pineapples.

Jenna laughed. I don't get it.

"What?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it. Joey knows. He's the only one that should be concerned about you and pineapples." Kwon smirked then disappeared.

"Kwon you're so crazy. Veah you're a virgin aren't you?" She asked.

I felt embarrassed.

"No, no, no! Don't make that face. It's ok. You'll get it soon. Very soon."

"Oh............." I left to go take shower and shave.

• Fifteen minutes later • 

"Where's Neveah?" I heard Joey ask. I just got out the shower and started shaving.

I started flipping the fuck out. What am I going to do?! I can't stay in here forever!

"She taking a shower." Kwon said.

   Joey didn't say anything back. I heard his foot steps and cringed as he got closer. He coughed and walked past. I took a deep breath and finished grooming myself.
   After about three minutes of debating on if I should take another shower or book it out of here I decided to leave. I opened my bedroom door and Joey was sitting on my bed.

He pointed to the clothes on the bed and got up and left.

A t shirt and jeggings, simple. Slipped into them and I left my room.

"Where you going?" Jenna asked while sharing nachos with Kwon.

I shrugged and met Joey outside. He grabbed my hand and we got in a car. He started driving and it was awkwardly quiet. No talking, no music playing.

"Are you ok Joey?" I asked.

   He kept his eyes on the road. My phone started ringing. Joey grabbed my phone, turned it off completely and put it in his pocket. I didn't even ask.

"Issa and Jenna were asking about you." I tried again. "They wanna know if you're-mmm."

He gritted his teeth and parked. I looked to see where we're at.