63• I Missed The Call

• 4:49 p.m •

I made it home and Kwon was on the stoop waiting for me.

"Heyyyyyy hoeee." He said softly as he got up and followed me inside the house.

"Kwon what is it?" I asked frantically.

"Woahhh. Why is your pad in a twist?!"

I looked up at him with a stank face. "Nigga what?!??"

"Or tampon...?"

"Shut up!!!" I said. "Guess who the fuck I saw at prospect park!"

"The Halal guy? Remember when dat boi gave me-"

"Kwon quit playing!" I begged. "I SAW DEMETRIUS!"

"Demetrius? You didn't see him Nevaeh. You trippin'."

"Kwon I swear on the Halal guy I saw him!"

He gasped. "NOT THE HALAL GUY! WHAT DID HE SAY?!!?!?"

"He was telling me about how I'm still his and Joey doesn't really love me and how he's still messing with Indigo."

"Joey hasn't spoke to Indigo since the Big Bang so what the fuck is he talking about?" Kwon said while taking his shoes off.

"I don't know bruh. I want him out of my life! He just came back to life starting shit again." I rubbed my face and sat down on the couch next to him.

"You shouldn't go anywhere by yourself now."

"Great..."

"It's for your safety Nevaeh. I don't want anything happening to you."

"Nothing is going to happen-"

"How do you know?!" He interrupted me. "Nevaeh you're an amazing person and all but you're not that different from us. You can die like the rest of us in this shit. We're all gonna die one day."

"Kwon I know that! I just..." I sighed. "I don't know. I just want him gone."

He hugged me. "I'm sorry."

"It is what it is. I'm not even surprised or anything." I let go of him and sat on the counter calling Joey.

Joey: What?
Me: Is that how you pick up the phone?
Joey: I already told you I'm at an interview.
Me: A four hour interview. Right.
Joey: They want me to do extra shit. I'll call you back.

Before I could say "bye" he hung up. I tossed my phone on the table but Kwon caught it and gave it back to me.

"Thanks." I rubbed my face.

"What happened. What did he say?" Kwon asked.

"He said he was busy. It's been four hours and I know he's not getting asked questions for four fucking hours. The longest interview was like and hour almost two. Am I being extra?"

"Nah. Four hours is a long ass time. He told you he was going to an interview and that's true. The manager knows that but for the past two hours he hasn't updated any of us."

"Whatever. I'm not tryna bug."

"That's cool. Hey." He grabbed my shoulder and leaned in. "I'll keep you company."

I leaned in and hugged him. "Thanks. You're a good person Kwon. You know that right?"

"I know now." He chuckled and pulled away.

"You wanna go out to eat?" He asked.

"We can get some halal food and shop. You can be a guest in car Kwonicles."

I laughed. "Alright. Let's go."