45• Anything Can Happen

• 9:32 p.m •

Joey came through the front door struggling with the groceries and I helped him. He was sweating and out of breath and plopped down on the couch.

"Yo what happened?" Kwon asked as he walked out of the kitchen.

"Bruh...I..." he started coughing and I gave him some of my water. He drank the whole thing and threw it on the floor. I put the groceries on the counter.

Kwon sat down next to him. Joey put his dreads up and rubbed his face in distress. I sat on the love-seat across from them.

"So what happened?" Kwon asked again.

"Nevaeh you need to get yo nigga." Joey shook his head. "I'm not even tryna be funny."

"Who is my nigga?"

"Demetrius or whatever his name is! Nigga followed me and tried to take my ass out. Pulled up with two niggas in a Toyota and shot at me."

"Word?!" Kwon asked. "You good?"

"Yeah I'm good. I took the subway instead of my car and I swear he was in the other train car watching me before he pulled up in that Toyota. I have never been so scared in my life. They were so close yo. I ain't a bitch but when a nigga got a gun...and you ain't got shit, you better dip b."

"We got you. Did he say anything?"

"Hell yeah! I was in Deals and he just popped out of nowhere asking about Veah. He knew everything!!!"

"Everything?" I questioned. "What is everything?"

"Everything! I don't-he just knows!" Joey raised his voice and was frightened.

"Aite, Aite. Just chill out for a little bit and catch your breath. Never seen you like this bro?" Kwon shook his head and got up.

"You need to tell me what happened." I said.

He groaned. "I for real don't know what just happened baby. That feeling...it was so...like...just imagine someone you don't know just pops up telling you about yourself and your partner. That shits scary."

I started getting nervous. "Take your time..."

The doorbell rang. Joey jumped and bit his lip nervously. Kwon looked through the peephole and gave us a it's-ok look before he opened the door.

"What's up Jen?" Kwon let her in and closed the door.

"You guys...I have never been so terrified..." she sat down next to me.

"Bruh what the fuck is going on?! All three of y'all talking about some scary shit happening that involves me but ain't nothing happening to me!" I said frustratingly. I looked at my phone.

"Something happened to you too?!" Jenna asked Joey and Kwon.

"Yeah. What I felt was unexplainable. I wish that on no one." Joey grabbed his phone.

Jenna chuckled anxiously. "What did he say?"

"My address, balance in the bank, and Veah's info. Shit I ain't even know."

"We gotta do something about this." Jenna said.

"Well obviously!" I said frustratingly. "I know where he lives. He still lives in that same house..."

"Who is he to you?" Jenna asked.

"Ex."

"Oh...well lets go tomorrow. It's too late right now. Anything can happen." Kwon scratched his head.