50• Bullshit & Lies

"Nevaeh I don't know what you're talking about." Joey shrugged.

"Yes you do! You let-" I started crying and I felt pure anger come over me. "You let Demetrius get to me and you said you won't let him near me!"

"Nevaeh I don't know! I don't know what you're talking about and it's really making me scared."

I chuckled. "Scared. You let him just...like...you let the shit happen."

He didn't say anything. I watched him think.

"You took a nap. Didn't you?"

I nodded my head.

"Veah it was a dream. Nightmare. Whatever you want to call it. It wasn't real."

I started getting frustrated. "You're just going to dismiss it as a dream?! What the fuck? Joey I saw you! You know what you did and you know what you-"

"Lower your voice!!" He hissed.

I wanted to flip. He opened his arms and approached me slowly letting me know he just wanted a hug.

"Baby please, just talk to me." His eyes watered. "I'm so confused. I hate seeing you so upset."

I chewed my tongue and ignored him. I started getting a headache and didn't feel like talking. Fuck this and fuck him. I don't need him to tell me what I saw.

"You're not gonna talk to me. Alright." He sat back and closed his eyes. I just want to go back to sleep. Sometimes I wish I could sleep through the bad times and wake up when good shit happens. I can't go a day without feeling some type of way about something and letting it get to me.

• 9:47 p.m •

   We got home and I didn't dare go into Joey's room. I sat in the kitchen doing work on my laptop. He stayed in his room reading and I went to my room doing work on my laptop.
I actually think Joey's asleep. Haven't heard anything for a while. I'm not going to his room to check. Fuck that. The hell I look like?!
   After a couple of minutes of chilling I decided to go outside by myself. Since I've been with Joey I haven't been able to go anywhere by myself. I'm just going to take a walk and come back. That's it. Once it gets dark my black ass is in the house.

   I need to pay attention to the time. I was not aware it was ten o clock. Last time I checked the time it was around six. Like the smart person I am, I walked around the neighborhood instead of the whole borough. After I came back Joey was in the kitchen eating rice. He was dressed in basketball shorts and a plain Tee.

"Did you buy any mouthwash?" He asked.

"No. We needed mouthwash?" I asked while standing awkwardly. "Why didn't you tell me earlier? Most of the stores closed now."

"You were mad at me."

"I still am."

He sighed and kept eating. I went to take a shower.