30• Let Me

We walked into a room and I sat in a chair waiting for him to say something.

"I know you didn't call me here to waste my time." I said. "So what's up?"

"Damn. Ferocious ass. What if I just wanted to talk?" He sat down next to me.

"Then talk!" I grew impatient.

"Ok damn! I just wanna know if you have your eye on anyone here." He said shyly. "You and Issa steady talking and exchanging looks."

"Issa is my friend."

"I know, I know. Just asking." He scratched the back of his neck.

"Joey if you want to make a move go on and do it and stop beating around the bush. Girls hate that. Don't be weird." I smirked and kissed his cheek.

"Oh, ha. I-I got you."

I left and saw Jenna in the living room. She was talking to AK and I didn't want to interrupt so I sat next to Nyck in the kitchen.

"What's up Nevaeh?" He asked sweetly.

"Nothing much. Just kinda bored." I shrugged.

"Bored? It's poppin' over here!"

"I know but everyone is doing there own thing and I'm just over here observing."

He frowned. "I'll talk to you if you want. Where's Joey as a matter of fact?"

"I don't know. He in that room down the hall thinking or some shit." I scratched my head.

"You're stressing. Why?"

I groaned. "Is it that obviously?"

"Hell yeah. You over here holding ya head like a psyduck, venting and shit. What's on your mind?"

"You know I'm just trying to fit in and I'm naturally nice to everyone-" He cut me off.

He coughed and said Indigo's name.

"Except for that bitch. I'm nice to everyone except for her but I don't want anyone to feel like I'm trying to get with them or someone feeling some type of way about me."

"Veah you're a man magnet wit cho sexy ass. You'll make anyone's day by just looking their way. Don't worry about it but if a bitch say something knock her ass out cuz she probably jealous."

"I guess." I laughed. "There's a whole bunch of girls here there? Didn't notice them. I know they distracting niggas in they're bikinis."

"Don't even. You distracting dudes too. Just look at yourself."

"I have insecurities." I bit my cheek.

"I don't know why. Now get out my face and find you a man or something. You distracting me and the shit on TV look interesting." He shooed me away and I left.

Jenna joined me in the kitchen again. "Guess what girly!?"

"Hm?" I ate some grapes.

"You see Ak right?" She hid behind me pointing to him not trying to make it obvious.

"Mhm."

"You saw me talking to him too right?"

"Right...?"

"You saw how he was looking rig-"

"Jenna stop and tell me what's going on with AK." I rolled my eyes.

"I was talking to him for a little bit and he told me he thinks you're hot! As a matter of fact he said he knows."

I stuck my neck out. "Why though?"

"Why not!? And ew fix yo neck."

"I don't know. It looks like I'm not his type. He looks like the one to fall for a light skin with brown curly long hair. Two qualities-"

"Stop. Don't tell me you think you have to look a certain way to get you a man. Color doesn't matter anyway. It's just skin."

I shrugged. "You right but I don't know I'm just so lost right now."

She hugged me. "We need to work on your confidence big time!"