36• I Know You

Indigo ignored me and I'm alright with that. I think she knows that Joey and I are going out now so she's gonna be salty in her own space. I do feel like she's plotting but let's not be negative.
Joey went to get me a can of soda and Akeem is keeping me company while Joey is mingling with people outside of Beastcoast.

"You know Issa was just playing with you at the pool." He said in my ear.

"Of course! No hard feelings Akeem." I smiled.

He nodded his head. "Joey's a cool dude but I think you can do a little better."

I made a stank face. "What are you saying?"

"Joey is still hung up on Indigo. Look at how he stares at her every ten seconds. I think you're better off with me or Issa to be honest."

"Well that's you." I rolled my eyes and looked away.

"Nevaeh. You have faith in him and that's cool. You loyal but you're gonna end up hurt. Joey is easily detached, I'm just saying that you need to get you a man that'll keep you company. I know you've been through a lot. Nevaeh I feel like I know you. I see myself in you. Mentally and physically."

I raised a brow at him. "Physically?"

He smirked. "Physically."

"So I need to hook up with a light skin, weed smoking, Crystal healing, dread headed nigga from Flatbush?"

"That's fine with me."

"Ok um...yeah Imma go outside for a little bit." I got up and rushed out the door.

Akeem is wrong. He's just talking. He came out and grabbed my waist.

"I feel you Veah. It's ok to feel lost and I'll guide you."

I pushed him away. "I don't need your help Akeem! Joey and I are fine. He's not gonna cheat on me."

"I never said he was gonna cheat on you. I'm just saying that he's not one hundred percent in love with you. Fourth percent of him is with Indi and that's real. I only want what's best for you. I swear to god if you were mine you'd never have to worry about me straying from you. I'm already in love."

"You don't even know me like that!! Stop talking! You don't love me and-"

He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed me. I pulled away and slapped him.

He smiled. "I don't regret it."

"No! This is not going to happen again Akeem! Ok?"

He giggled. "Aite mama."

"I mean it!" I growled.

"Ok Nevaeh! Don't act like you didn't like it."

I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. I did. I did like it and I'm an open book. It's like he can read my mind.

He kissed me again and I kissed back.

"Joey doesn't have to know." He said. "Everything is safe with me."

I sighed and pulled him closer to me. The door opened and he threw me to the side.

"Aye niggas! What's happenin'." Kwon asked.

"I was just talking to her about crystals." Akeem's lied. He dug into his pocket and pulled a bracelet out. "This is a chakra bracelet. You can have it."

"Aw

"Aw. So nice." Kwon cooed.

Akeem put the bracelet on me and smiled. "Imma go to the house alright? See y'all later."

He disappeared down the street and I licked my lips remembering his lips on mine.

"Akeem is the nicest dude. I don't know how a hoe has not tried to catch his ass." Kwon said.

I chuckled. "Akeem look like a nigga. Issa too."

"You right. Akeem look like banana pudding. BANANA PUDDING! AKEEM!"

Akeem turned around and yelled from the distance. "What?!"

"SEE YOU LATER BANANA PUDDING!" Kwon yelled.

"What the fuck?" Akeem shook his head and a cab came to pick him up.