56• A Smart Mind Is Dangerous

This chapter is in Joey's POV

• 5:55 p.m •

I laid the gun in the middle the table and Nevaeh's eyes got wide. Akeem looked hurt and played with one of his dreads.

"Joey what is all this? What are you talking about? I swear it was only business!" He pleaded.

"So who's lying. You telling me Nevaeh's lying?!"

"I mean! Whatever she told you wasn't the truth! I know that."

Nevaeh's face turned. "Nigga what?! You was the one begging me to hop on yo dick! Thirsty ass tried to trap me."

"Trap you?!"

"I don't know who's lying." I said.

Nevaeh looked hurt. "You don't know if I'm lying? Joey I'm your girlfriend and I'd never lie to you!"

Right when she said that her phone rang in my room.

"Leave it." I ordered.

"Yo bro. Joey you trippin'."

Nevaeh looked down and I could tell what I said really started bothering her and I let my guard down a little bit. I was too harsh.

"Akeem you're lying. She'd never lie like that. If you don't answer my question I won't hesitate to leave a hole in ya dome b."

"What question?!" He asked.

"Oh don't play coy!" Nevaeh rolled her eyes.

"Alright." He started. "Long story short I called her over and told her I loved her."

"And what else?!!" Nevaeh added.

I touched her thigh signaling her to stop and calm down and she did that.

"What else happened Ak?"

"I tried to get her to have sex with me."

I rubbed my face and exhaled. "You FUCKING kidding me?!"

He shook his head. "Nah. I'm sorry Joey. You know we homies, I'll never do it again! It was just...I don't know!"

"Aite, you right. Don't let it happen ever again. Nevaeh is off limits! Let some shit happen again and I'm sending you to the gates. You got me?"

"I got you." He got up and left.

Nevaeh exhaled and rubbed her eyes.

"You ok?" I asked.

"Yeah..."

"I'm sorry."

"For what?" She asked.

"Making it sound like I don't trust you. I do and I didn't mean to hurt you."

"No it's cool. Don't worry about it."

"Aite cool. So whatchu wanna do?"

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"Netflix? Anything? We can watch Atlanta."

"What's that?"

"New show with Childish Gambino. No one really knows what it's about. The trailers don't really tell much or show anything."

"Sure, let's watch it." I gave her a piggy back ride to the couch and threw her down.

"OW!" She rubbed the back of her head.

"Sorry!!!" I fixed her position and sat down next to her. She laid her head down on my lap and played with my jogger shorts.

"So you just gon play with my shorts?" I asked.

"Mhm."

I chuckled. "You weird as fuck."

"Nuh uh!"

"Yuh huh! Before we start watching Atlanta. I got a role in Mr. Robot!"

"That hacking show!?" She shot up and her eyes widened.

"Hell yeah!"

"WHAT?! REALLY!!! WHEN DO YOU START?!"

"Friday. I play Leon, Elliot's friend."

She smiled and hugged me. "That's awesome! I'm so proud of you! You really getting Joey Badass out there."

"Hell yeah and to celebrate we're going to my moms."

Her smile faded and she looked uneasy. "Your mom..."

"I told her about you and I think it's time you meet her. She loves you, I tell her about you all the time. When we first met I let her know what happened and she gave me advice on how to take care of you. I never had a real girlfriend like you so I ask her for tips."

"That's so cute! You're doing a good job. You're a great boyfriend."

"I ain't soft though. The only thing that's soft right now is my d-"

"OK! What time we going?"

"She wants us there by eight." I said.

"Alright! I'm wit it."

"Coo. I'm not really tryna watch this though."

"Hm?" She smirked.

"I'm tryna play 2k."

She rolled her eyes and I laughed.

"I'm just playin' baby! Take your leggings off. Imma return the favor."

End of Joey's POV