44• Possessive

• 9:05 p.m •

"My head hurts..." I groaned.

Joey chuckled. "It's called the Badm-"

"Joey if you say it's the Badmon effect one more time. I will hurt you."

"Why tho?" He sat back on the couch, both of us out of breath and wiped the beads of sweat off of his forehead.

"Because you annoying." I rolled my eyes.

"Anyway, Kwon coming over."

"Whyyyy?"

"Whatchu mean why? That's ya boy." He made a stank face.

"He is but I'm tired and I ain't got time for his shit talking."

"Kwon don't give a damn." Joey laughed.

"Exactly. Well if he's coming over spray this room."

"With?!"

"Febreze nigga what else? Glass cleaner?"

"Keep playing. Imma tear dat ass up." He said through clenched teeth.

"That's not a threat." I smirked.

"You...you gon see Nevaeh. I'm tired of you. Thinking you gonna keep getting away with these smart ass comments." Joey got up to get the air freshener. "I'll show you."

"Suuuuup!" Kwon walked through the door. "It smell like ass."

"Because you walked in." I rolled my eyes and closed the door. "Don't try me Kwon."

"Don't try me Kwon." He mocked. "Where's Joey?"

"He went out to get a couple of groceries. Why?"

"No reason. I was just asking. Y'all got any noodles?"

"What the fuck I look like ha-" he cut me off.

"Ok Veah! Okkkkkk! It was a yes or no question damn!" He sat down next to me at the dinning table.

"You want some chips or something?"

"Yeah."

I jogged to the kitchen and grabbed a bag of Takis for him.

"Ooo thank you. This that good shit."

"Right." I opened my laptop and took a sip of water.

"Joey fuck you didn't he?" He asked out of no where.

I choked on my water. "Huh?!"

"Nevaeh your hair is all over the place, your lips kinda swollen, and you look tired. Bitch you got fucked."

"Kwon Imma hurt you." I made a fist.

"Noooo, am I wrong?"

"Shut up." I scoffed.

"That's cool. But I came here to tell you something." He made a straight face.

"If it's about pineapples Joey is buyi-"

"No, I'm serious. Some nigga in a restaurant I was eating at came up to me talking about you."

I heart dropped. "Who?"

"I don't know!" He shrugged. "He said his name was Demarcus or something like that. All I know is, it started with a D. Pause."

"Demetrius..."

"Yeah!!! That's his name! What's up though?"

"My ex."

"Ohhhh shit..." He covered his mouth. "What're you gonna do?! Joey gonna flip if another nigga try to take you. He territorial as fuck. You ain't a piece of land but you know what I mean."

"I know!" I scratched my head. "Demetrius doesn't give up easily...he's..."

"Jealous?"

"Possessive." I sighed. "There's always a problem! Always that one person trying to fuck things up. Indigo and now Demetrius!"

Kwon frowned. "Don't talk like that."

I held in my tears. "It's either I'm fucking up or someone is trying to make me fuck up. I can never have anything nice and I'm tired of feeling like I don't deserve anything."

"You do des-"

"Then why is that the higher I get the lower I sink?"

He didn't know what to say.

"Why?!"

He chewed his tongue. "Joey just texted me about seeing a nigga in a store just staring at him.