23• Whatever You Want

His phone rang and I pouted. "It's Shipes. I gotta take it."

   While he was on the phone I couldn't help but look around his room. He didn't even try to hide the Magnums on his nightstand. Shaking my fucking head.

"Aite bruh, thanks see you later." He hung up. "Damn! Your eyes all over the place!"

"No! I was just staring into space and-"

"You're a cute liar."

"I'm not lying!"

He chuckled and kissed me one more time. "They'll come into use soon."

"What will?" I asked.

"You'll see when the time comes." He smile revealing his gap.

He picked me up off of his lap and put me on a love seat that I just now noticed.

"Ok. One question though."

"What's up?" He grabbed his bookbag from the corner.

"When did you get this seat?" I felt the suede fabric.

"The one you sitting on?"

"Yeah."

"It's been here! I had it for the longest. You want it? I can put it in your room."

"No, this is your stuff!"

He pushed me off the seat and carried it to my room. I held my lower back in pain.

"Joey...WHAT THE FUCK?" I said through clenched teeth and winced.

"My bad ma!" He laughed and came back in the room and helped me up. "I forgot to tell you...never mind."

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing! I'll just have to take you to Jenna's house."

"Telllll meeee." I begged.

"Indigo has to come over tomorrow-"

"Oh my fuckin' God!" I rolled my eyes and turned away from him.

"Nevaeh its business! I have to, Shipes says we need to work together even if we are arguing."

"I understand that! It's work but I'm tired of going back and forth like this! I'm not a child!"

"Back and forth like what?" He looked bewildered.

"Like I can't be trusted or that I'm the reason why Indigo got a resting bitch face cussin' anyone out like she somebody."

"Veah she is somebody! Pro Era needs her, I barley even know you!" He said aggressively.

You've got to be fucking kidding me! No he did not! Tell me this nigga didn't!

"Yeah, you right." I got up. "You don't know me!"

"I didn't mean it like that! Where are you going?!" He followed me to my room.

I started tearing up. "I'm tired of always feeling like everything is my fault! I don't want to be a burden to you or your people so I'm out."

"No." He held my hands stopping me from packing my stuff.

"I'll just go back to where I was before you approached me on the street." I tried to stop showing him how I felt. "I know this is my fault because this always happens! Always!"

I saw sympathy in his eyes.

I laughed and grabbed a tissue. "I don't deserve your sympathy ok? So just let me go. I'm Chillin' I ain't mad or sad!"

He pulled me into a hug. "I'm not letting you leave."

"Joey get off!"

He grabbed me tightly. "What I said was fucked up and I apologize. I do enjoy your company and I want to give you everything. It's my job to make sure you're happy and doing well right now because you have a low self esteem and I want to fix that. Am I lying?"

I looked down at the ground.

"Am I Nevaeh?" He put my chin up and made me look at him.

"No." I said lowly.

"Exactly. I don't know what your last man did to you to make you act this way but I'm going to fix it because I know this isn't really you, you're too beautiful to be this negative and fragile."

"Demetrius made my life hell..."

"I'm listening." We both sat down on my bed and I started talking.

"Alright, this was two months ago.."