60• Survive Trying Times

• End Of Flashback / Back To Reality •

"Yo that's fuck up." Kirk said.

"Awww Nevaeh!" Jenna frowned. She came in for a hug but I pushed her off the bed. "AHH!"

"Uh UH! Where did all y'all come from?!" I asked.

Kwon shrugged while eating popcorn on the floor. "We just popped-"

"KWON HUSH! I ain't ask you. Jenna why are you and Pro Era in here?"

Jenna shrugged. "Like Kwon said. We just popped-"

"Ok, ok, ok!" I interrupted her. "Joey what is this?"

Joey shrugged. "I mean. They just popped u-"

"Get out guys! Kwon if you touch my damn sugar I'll beat the fuck out you. And I'm not playing!"

"Bitch that's why I already took some while you were telling the story." He sassed.

I got out the bed and he ran out.

"What I thought." I got back in the bed with Joey and touched his hair.

We heard the toilet flush and out came CJ.

"Ewwwww!" I shrieked.

He sucked his teeth. "Stop bullying me man."

Everyone left and it was just Joey and I.

"Did I lock the doors?" He asked.

"I have no idea." My phone rang and I picked it up.

* Phone Call *

Me: Hello?
???: Nevaeh?
Me: Yeah, who is this?
???: Not important. D-
Me: It is important! Who is this?!
???: Promise not to tell?
Me: Bruh just tell me! I don't have time for promises.
???: It's Demetrius. Look-I really need your hel-

I hung the phone up.

"Who was it?" Joey asked.

"No one. Just telemarketing." I put my phone on the nightstand and he bit his lip.

"Didn't sound like nothing? Do I need to jump in?"

"No Joey! It's cool. They were asking for my social security number and trying to make deals. I don't know, it's whatever though."

"Alright." He clearly wasn't buying it.

• 12:25 p.m •

   We went to Barney's and Joey spoiled me. I tried to resist but I saw a cute sweater in the distance and had to get it. While I was going through the clothes a Caucasian lady was eyeballing me.

"Do you need help finding anything?" She asked with a grimace pout.

"No thank you." I said while looking through the racks of clothes. "Oh, could you please tell me the price for this hoodie? My boyfriend picked it up and didn't even ask for the price or look for a tag." I chuckled.

"$450. Isn't that out of your budget?"

My smile faded. "What? I'm sorry, excuse me?"

"I just don't think this is somewhere you and your boyfriend would shop at." He said.

"And why is that? I'm here going through the clothes about to make a purchase right? This is a department store and I'm shopping. If you have a problem with that you can tell your group of old ass associates and/or your manager. You know what? Where's the desk so I can pay for this shit?"

I sped walked to the desk and pulled out $800.

"Ma'am this is too much. Your item is $450-"

"Bitch keep it. JOEY!" I said angrily. "You and yo lil group of old ass country club senior citizens need the money. You out here getting five and hour you need that damn money. Gimme my shit!" I snatched the bag and strutted out.