68• 2047

I folded the note and wiped my tears.

"Wow." Issa said.

I smiled. "It's alright. I'll see him very, very soon."

He hugged me and rubbed my back. "You're right. You wanna go home?"

I nodded my head and followed him out.

   I opened the door and I felt his spirit there. I went to the room and looked in the drawer.

"You see anything?" Issa asked while leaning in the doorway.

"Uh Uh." I moved a couple of papers and found a black box with my name on it in his cursive handwriting.

I opened it and there was a ring. My eyes widened.

"What is it?" He asked.

"Like a..." I took it out of the box. "A promise ring or something."

"Let me see? It's pretty

"Let me see? It's pretty." Issa said as he held it up to the light.

The Sky's The Limit by Biggie played in the background from Issa's phone and a wave of nostalgia came over me. I will always remember driving late at night with Joey and listening to his playlist. Getting lost in the city and eating at restaurants we've never heard of. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door, I got up and answered it.

"Hey." Jenna was at the door with a notebook in her hand. "His notebook. He left it in the studio."

I took it and hugged her. "Thanks Jen."

"You alright? You need company?" She pulled away and shoved her hands in her pocket while rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Issa's here. You can come in if you want to." I said.

She walked in and sighed while smiling. "I can just feel him in here."

"Right." I closed the door and Issa came out of the room.

"Hey Jen." He said. "Where's everyone else? Home?"

"Yeah. I think we all need to just process what happened and celebrate his existence."

I nodded my head and went back to our room where the promise ring laid in it's case in the middle of the bed. The Aquamarine and Amethyst stones glistened in the light and I smiled again and looked up.

"Nevaeh!" Issa called out. "You wanna go to the Studio?"

"Yeah!" I put the ring on. "You guys go ahead. I'll be there."

I heard the door open and close. I put on Joey's Pro Era hoodie that laid on his side of the bed and smelled it. It smelled like weed, the moisturizer he puts in his hair every morning and the pancakes he slays when I'm hungry. I left the house and automatically felt happiness. I thought it'll take longer to smile but I understand it was time for him to go. There's a lot of him in me. I can't wait to fall asleep.