five

harry hasn't appeared at arabella's window in five nights.  he wasn't known to come every night, but this must have the longest stretch of time.

arabella shrugged it off as if it was nothing, but she tossed and turned more at night with the absence. her mother came home briefly on night two then left on the third day, work bringing her to brooklyn. 

on the sixth night, not being able to fall asleep arabella got up frustrated. why couldn't she sleep? where did harry go? although she already knew the answer to that. she saw him at school   with dark  purple bags under his eyes.

all his friends interrogated him about it, then a rumor spread that somebody gave him a black eye. arabella rolled her eyes at that one when she heard it, recalling how harry thought there was sharks in her shower.

getting out of bed with a huff she grabbed a hoodie  to throw over her cami, swiping her keys of the hook by her door she pocketed them. arabella went down the stairs in the dark not even bothering with the light.

she needed to escape.

only stubbing her toe once  going through the living room she bolted out the front door. after hearing the door latch she started walking down the  side walk, the street lamps illuminating the way. she  knew she probably should not be out this late, but she couldn't stand being cooped up in that house.

she took the opportunity to look up at the sky to see it was a mess of stars against it's dark canvas. she had always wanted to take up astronomy, but then later decided to just appreciate the stars as  what they are. bright burning lights in the sky.

she made it to the end of the street taking a turn to go up the block before she started to hear the footsteps behind her. arabella gripped her hands tightly around the keys in her pocket so she can  jab whoever they are with them.

as they sped up as arabella did her breathing became uneven. when a hand was placed on her arm the keys she was clenching tightly in her hand she used them to press them as hard as she could in the person's flesh.

the person yelped an "ow" falling from their mouth the voice sounded familiar. arabella whipped around hoping she wasn't wrong, relived and angry to see the footsteps belonged to harry.

"what the f.uck harry?" arabella spat. 

she was so mad, she was seeing red. how dare he?  what gave him the right to just disappear then follow her? 

harry stood before her in his usual attire, looking angry himself making arabella even more angry. why was he angry? 

"it's three in the morning." he said to her through clenched teeth.

"so what?" arabella retorted, what, he cared? ha as if.

"why are you out this late?" he questioned. 

arabella just shook her head, was he being serious?

"it's none of your business." arabella snapped turning on her heel continuing to walk up the block. harry's footsteps trailed behind her, their thud echoing on the pavement. 

"arabella-" harry started from behind her when arabella quickly turned around making him stop the flow of words.

"why? where have you been?" arabella asked hoping he couldn't detect the hurt in her voice.

she was so over being f.ucked over. she watched with guarded eyes as harry did a double take. as if she actually just asked that question.

"i'm sorry." harry said. 

like the little phrase could fix the bubbling feeling of hurt inside of her. she hated for letting herself feel the emotion involving harry. she shouldn't care. she doesn't.

marching right past him, she decided to cut her walk short. harry followed behind her, much to arabella's annoyance, but secretly glad she didn't have to walk back by herself. when they reached her house arabella went up to the door.

"ara.." harry began.

arabella shoved the key in the lock twisting it open.

"it's arabella" and with that she slammed the door. 

her back hit the door and she slid down her hand covering mouth. a  moment later fat tears rolled down her cheeks. arabella desperately tried to understand why she was crying.

the next morning there was flowers on her nightstand.

{double update, sorry not sorry. i hope you enjoyed}