twenty three

" so is there a boy?" arabella's mother asked her one night when they were eating.

arabella choked on her food at the question unintentionally giving her mother the answer. when she managed to breathe on her own she caught her mother's amused expression on her face.

"why would you ask that?" arabella coughed take a swig of water before finally feeling better.

her mother shrugged nonchalantly," well you're growing up now and..." her mother trailed off. 

arabella raised her eyebrow can't believing her mother was going there with this. or even talking to her about it. she was surprised her mother was even home talking to her and even approaching the subject of boys.

"well i just want you to be safe. i'm to young to be a grandmother you know," she said as she stuffed another forkful of salad in her mouth.

arabella's eyes widened, her jaw dropping, horrified her mother just said that. she could feel her cheeks flush scarlet even if they hadn't done anything.

"mother!" arabella exclaimed.

"well when am i meeting this kid?" her mother questioned.

the thought had crossed arabella's mind once or twice, but was never actually considering it.  she didn't harry to be  dissected by her mother even if she comes off as a carefree, nice mother. she knew what she was really like.

"uh, i don't know. he's really busy." arabella scrambled for a lie quickly. well more like a half truth, she didn't know, but he wasn't really busy.

"i would love to meet him sometime." her mother said getting up taking her own and arabella's plate to the sink.

later that night arabella waited for harry to crawl through her window. she was impatient, she felt her body buzz with want for harry to be in her presence. for his lips to be on hers to take her away from the reality they were in.

she hated, absolutely hated when they fought over whether or not he should go home. she wished he could just stay there, but she knew it wouldn't work out with the thought his father would storm in and rip harry from her. she couldn't see that.

she argued that he could stay with friends, harry argued that he had no decent friends. so in the end he went home frequently so his father wouldn't hurt him again. 

she made him promise to always get out of the house though when he could sense his father's urge. she also made him promise to show whatever bruise he left.

arabella glanced at the door for the thousandth time to make sure the door was locked just in case her mother walked in on them in bed, sleeping beside each other.  

if the door was unlocked and her mother happened to walk in her she didn't know how she would react. she could only think of the negative possibilities. after a tap on the window she turned to see harry a smile on her face.

jumping out of bed she ran to the window to greet him lifting it up and pulling him inside. harry laughed at how eager she was, stumbling inside.

"hello to you too baby," harry laughed kissing her pulling away to kick off his boots. 

"my mother wants to meet you," arabella blurts out stopping harry in his tracks.  she watched for his reaction slightly nervous to see how he would react.

he straightened up shoving his hands in his skinny jean's pockets his eyes meeting hers.

"that means i might want to do my laundry," harry strode to arabella who migrated back to her bed.

arabella pretended to sniff the air," yeah, you do kind of have  smell."

harry got a playful grin on his face raising his fingers in the air threateningly, "take it back."

arabella stuck her tongue out,"never" she challenged.

his fingers attacked her sides making her fall back on her bed, harry moving over her to reach her better. she laughed so hard she couldn't breathe.

"i take it back!" she shouted breathlessly to make him stop. his fingers stopped moving instead taking them to interlace with hers pinning their hands on each side of her head.

"never say never" harry whispered his eyes consuming hers. just like he was slowly consuming her thoughts. 

his lips met hers, each kissing with such a need, desire, for each other. this was borderline crazy as arabella knew her mother was home while she was kissing harry in her room. on her bed.

she couldn't bring herself to care though as they kissed more slowly now. harry's lips left hers and brought them to her forehead.

"baby girl, you're killing me." harry teased untangling his hands from hers to roll over to lay beside her.

arabella blushed as she glanced down to see how she was killing him. quickly though she wanted to change the subject.

"i found this new movie to watch on netflix!" arabella explained excitedly to him watching as his lips began to curve into a smile.

"let's watch it!" harry answered. 

arabella eagerly set up netflix, selecting the movie she was talking about. in this time harry repositioned himself so he was leaning against her headboard motioning for arabella to sit between his legs.

arabella quickly complied leaning her head right below his shoulder his arms wound securely around her. she relaxed against him finding herself become more and more fond of the boy with curly hair.

{update!}