ten

• इन्हें समर्पित: -the1994

a couple weeks later and everything was like before. harry showed up at her window to sleep, and the little conversed dwindled into nothing. 

she no longer waited up for harry.instead she fell asleep before he came, the only evidence validating the fact he still came was the the rumpled sheets from the other side of the bed and his musky smell that hung around after he left.

arabella dragged through the school days. frequently her eyes drifted from the board to the window as she watched the leaves descend from green to brown. her mind was in a haze, blind with loneliness. her mother was only home once for a couple days in the first week then left again this time to california.

harry avoided her now at school, no lingering gazes and although  she was lonely her pride kept her from speaking to harry when he clearly didn't want anything else from other than to sleep. all the other people at school continued to ignore her or boycott her.

so arabella submerged herself into netflix, romance movies and inspiring ones. to make her hopeful yet depressed. she wanted romance, a boy in her life but her current outlook wasn't looking so great.

about to get dressed in her pj's arabella heard the loud roll of thunder. a smile slowly etched onto her face for she loved thunderstorms.

just as her pants hit the floor she heard the familiar sound  of the window opening. alarmed arabella panicked not knowing whether to rush to her dresser to grab some pj pants or to quickly put back on the pants on the floor.

harry climbed in taking in her lack of pants his cheeks flushing crimson. arabella's did the same as harry quickly turned around.

arabella's temper flared, he couldn't just walk in like that!

"what the h.ell are you doing here harry?" arabella asked in an octave higher than usual mortified that harry just saw her in her underwear. trusting that his back would stay facing her arabella rushed to just put her jeans back on.

"i-i didn't know you wouldn't have pants on!" harry stuttered in surprise. 

buttoning her pants arabella retorted "i wasn't expecting any guest at the moment, and figured i would be safe getting changed in my own room!"

"are you dressed?" harry asked.

 "yes." arabella muttered under her breath annoyed.

harry turned around adorned in all black with exception his brown boots. his hair blown in all directions, arabella peering over his shoulder to out the window to see the trees in the distance move from the wind.

"sorry ara, i wasn't expecting you to be indecent." harry apologized. 

arabella rolled her eyes, " well i wasn't expecting you either, and it's arabella" she corrected.

it was only nine thirty so arabella was trying to piece together why he was here after the silence they had going on between them.

"i have somewhere to show you" harry revealed answering the question she hesitated to ask.

"now?" arabella asked in surprise.

"there's no better time than now."  harry stated.

arabella shrugged, she didn't have any other plans tonight other than watching netflix and crying over how pathetic she was. 

"let's go then." arabella gestured to her door grabbing her keys  putting them in her back pocket. arabella lead the way down the stairs to her front door letting harry go in through the first. harry rose an eyebrow but went through anyways. 

arabella only did this to make sure the door was locked. standing outside now she could really hear the thunder it was almost loud enough to drown out harry's "follow me" which she was glad it didn't. she was curious to know where harry was taking her.

she followed him  staying a few feet behind past the store over a field to where there was a little building in the distance. arabella stopped abruptly, was harry really going to kill her? stupid stupid arabella repeated to herself, her running long distances was a joke. this did not help the bleak situation.

she looked around weighing her options as she saw how far out harry really had taken her. the town's light's were in the distance little lights in the distance. field and field stretched out in almost every direction other than the town in the distance.

harry who kept walking after arabella  must have realized she was no longer behind him because she watched him turn around.

"arabella, what are you doing?"  harry shouted to be heard over the thunder. 

arabella shook her head at him the wind blowing her hair back and sending a chill through her body.

"i'm not going to let you kill me!" arabella yelled back to him.

she could barely make out harry's throaty chuckle that ripped through him. arabella hoped he could see the glare she was giving him. she couldn't tell if he was serious or not.

"i'm not going to kill you," harry walked back toward her with an outstretched hand " come on."

arabella hesitated then accepted, he wouldn't kill her. how else would he sleep? she didn't realize though how his hand was rough but soft at the same time and she tried to understand how that can be. she also realized how big it was also the warmth that was radiating from it warming hers. 

they quickly approached the building when arabella realized they were at a old baseball field.  he led her to the dugout, arabella struggled to make out where the other one would be stumped when she couldn't find it.

arabella decided it didn't matter and took a seat on the worn bench with peeling paint. harry took a seat next to her but not close enough to hear how hard her heart was beating inside her chest for a reason she couldn't fathom.

silence settled upon them as they watched the lightening light up the sky. jagged lines of light creating purplish hues enough light for the two to sneak a peek at each other when the other wasn't looking.

even as arabella sat there she couldn't help but think of why harry brought her out there.

{hey, i hope you are having a good day slash night and you enjoyed this chapter. }

bedfellow | harry styles auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें