thirty one

"what's wrong? you seem a little off," harry inquired during their dinner which turned out pretty good, but arabella didn't notice.

all she could think about was the picture and why harry hadn't said anything. he must have known about it, but she couldn't grasp why he hadn't told her or why she couldn't remember. were they related?

her stomach churned at the thought that she had all these feelings, romantically nonetheless, for a possible relative.

"the picture on the wall. you. me" arabella managed. she tried to stay cool and not angry although she could feel it rising in her chest along with hurt.

arabella lifted her eyes which were trained on the bowl of goulash that had not been touched, her apetite at a loss. she stared at harry who seemed to freeze at her words, she wanted to laugh. like she wasn't going to find out, it was right there on the wall.

"well we were friends up until we were seven, we would hang out at each other's house's and have sleep overs all the time. " harry explained.

arabella was taken back by his words. her and harry friends? she was relieved that they were not related.

"why up until we were seven?" arabella inquired.

"you'll have to ask your mom," harry told her, continuing to eat.

"what is that supposed to mean?" arabella asked, confused.

"not my story to tell," harry stopped eating "this is really good by the way"

arabella couldn't help but feel frustrated at his lack of explanation. she just wanted to know, she didn't expect it to be a big secret.

"why does can't you just tell me?" arabella questioned annoyed.

harry let out a sigh," can we just drop it? i already said it's not my place to tell you. let's just have a good time."

arabella huffed but complied. she was still annoyed at the whole thing, but trusted harry's judgement enough to leave it alone although it still bothered her that she didn't really have any answers.

she wondered what her mother wasn't telling her, why it was her she had to ask.

.-.-..-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

"you do realize we have a whole house to ourselves," arabella pointed out. she was trying to distract herself from the pictures, she didn't want to bother harry about it but it still nagged.

so she changed the subject to a more positive subject. harry's eyebrows arched, "so we can run around the house without getting yelled at?" harry teased grinning.

arabella stuck out her tongue, deciding to play along by running away from him. she ran into the living room managing to jump over the mauve colored couch. she then ran into a large room with that had a ceiling and wall made entirely out of windows.

she paused in awe at the sheer fact at how entrancing and unusual this room was. she absolutely loved it. her head tilted back as she looked at the stars through the old pane glass.

she heard harry come in the room after her his breathing echoing in the room.

"this is lovely," arabella said to the stars.

she could feel harry's arms wrap around her waist pulling her flush against him.

"you're lovely," he whispered in her ear.

arabella sighed contentedly leaning back into him,"you are some kind of wonderful" she told him taking the time to tear herself from the stars to look at him.

harry leaned in to press a soft kiss to her lips, she responded immediately with the same amount of passion she was receiving from harry.

she turned in his arms to face him better,"kissing you under these stars in a beautiful house was something i would have never imagined a few months ago."

"is that a good thing?"

"i think it is," arabella responded kissing him again.

her feelings said yes! this was the best thing she could be doing right now in this moment. her heart was taking some convincing due to all the s.hit it's been through, adding to the fact of the mystery of the picture of them.

deep down though, she knew she really loved harry. which is what really matters in this grand scheme of things. every fiber that made up of her body burned brightly whenever she was with harry.

he made her a person she almost didn't recognize. it had been three weeks since they first said it for the first time, and every time since then she could see it in harry's eyes. the love.

harry kissed her making her dizzy in a good way, the two engrossed in each other somehow ending up on the floor.

harry's hands made their way slowly up her shirt making her breath hitch. her heart was beating fast against her rib cage.

"harry..." she trailed off unsure.

harry looked at her, with a rawness she appreciated and adored,"not tonight. i want you to be completely sure and ready."

she kissed him, "i'm thankful for you. that i'm sure of."

{update! how do you feel about this chapter? as of right now there will not be too many chapters left. which is sad because i love these characters . but stay tuned! btw i appreciate all you users a lot. thank you always for voting & commenting! it always brings a smile to my face.}