eleven

"i brought you here," harry began inhaling sharply " because i would like to apologize."  

arabella refused to look at him instead taking interest in the sky lighting up from the lightening. she was sick of him apologizing for things he shouldn't have done in the first place. she believed if he never came over when he was drunk everything would still be the same, normal for them. now they have fallen in the cycle of regret and hurt tainted with confusion.

regardless she waited to hear what he was sorry for, because honestly she was mentally exhausted.

"i  just" she could detect the frustration in his voice as he paused "i'm an asshole."

arabella let out a laugh she wasn't gonna argue with him even though it was a tad harsh. she didn't know how to respond. she didn't know if she wanted to. so she waited to see what he would say next. tapping her fingers on the on wood in anticipation.

"leaving you when you were sick was a shit thing to do, i wish i could take it back." harry sighed.

"why did you even come in the first place?" arabella asked the question that plagued her. 

"i - i wanted to see if your okay, i know your mom is not home alot." he answered slowly almost carefully.

this still did not appease arabella.

"why? why do you care though?" arabella pressed.

harry sprang up from the bench his fingers threading through his hair. at this point arabella looked at him to see he was angry. she could tell by his tense posture and how his jaw was clenched.

" why are you asking so many d.amned questions? not everything is so simple like you think." harry shouted to be heard as another roll of thunder could be heard rain coming down hard and fast.

she watched angrily as harry stared at her angrily in the rain getting drenched in the process. she stood up, coming close to him seething with a certain anger.

"when did i say everything is simple? nothing is f.ucking simple! i let you use me to get some sleep. you  then go on to defend me, show up when i'm sick, to have you act  as it never happened when i asked you why ! it's bulls.hit harry." arabella snarled, the surge of rage she felt vanished and the hurt set in. all she wanted to do was cry.

the features on harry's face softened at her words, his jaw no longer clenched. all the rage that arabella felt turned into hurt and all she wanted to do was cry at the truth of her words.

arabella felt harry's wet fingers graze her hip, "you're not an object, i hate that i made you feel like one" harry said gently pulling her to him. 

she hesitantly let her head rest on his  sturdy chest as she felt his arms wrapped around her waist. the rain fell on them parading to the ground along with some stray tears that escaped her eyes.

" i shoudn't have snapped a you for asking questions, being angry at myself isn't an excuse" he whispered into her hair pressing his lips tenderly onto her hair. arabella wanted to melt into him at the gesture, wanting to pinch herself for being so weak.

arabella didn't say anything in response, only focusing on his heartbeat, the sound of the rain, and the thunder.

she didn't acknowledge that harry had picked her up. one arm under her knees the other supporting her back, her arms wrapped loosely around his neck her face hidden in his shoulder despite it being wet.

she didn't acknowledge any of it until she heard traffic, lifting her head up to see they were in town.  that her feet were indeed not on the ground and that kids from schools gaped from under their umbrellas at them.

arabella knew that the gossip of her and harry on monday would be unbearable, but she was tired in all forms. if harry wasn't carrying her, she didn't know if she could fight the urge to lay on the ground letting the rain wash her away from the mess that became her life.

{ thoughts on this chapter? updates should be more frequent :) you guys are all so lovely. }