seven

arabella tapped her pencil against her desk at a alarming rate, it was a tick she got when she was nervous or in this case can't figure out what to write. she glanced around to see everyone else writing, working, this made her panic.

she was sitting in miss cale's english class trying to write an essay on the book they just read. arabella was usually good at writing essay's, but she could not focus at all. she looked at the one lone paragraph of words on the paper, and tapped her pen faster.

"hey, could you f.ucking stop?"  the boy ryan whispered beside her. 

arabella paused gritting her teeth, stopping the tapping. she also heard the not nice comment about her that he whispered under his breath.  she brushed it off though, she needed to focus on writing the essay.

with a few minutes at the end of class, she set her finished essay on the teacher's desk. everyone else had finished and were talking to their friends in little groups spread out in the room. she heard ryan's obnoxious voice from the front of the room.

"that f.ucking freak man,  wouldn't stop tapping her pencil. if i get a s.hit grade man..." ryan said to his buddies.

arabella fought the urge to feel sad. he called her a freak and he was right. she was a freak. she had no friends, which is almost impossible. how could she go through life without making a friend?  simple, she was a freak.

"what the f.uck ryan?" harry's deep voice sounded.

arabella froze on her path to the door, when she heard the words come from harry's mouth. it couldn't be about what he said about her, but what else would it be about?

even though she had her back turned to the boys behind her, she could already see the look of disbelief of ryan's face. nobody stood up to him.

"what did you just say?" ryan laughed as if harry was joking. 

arabella heard the sound of a chair scraping the floor, and that's when she turned her head. she saw harry standing across from ryan who had his buddies on each side. the other kids in the room started to crowd around what seemed like the start of a fight.

"arabella is not a f.ucking freak" harry stated anger clearly evident in his voice.

arabella couldn't believe it. harry was standing up for her! after all these years of silence he stood up for her. she wished miss cale didn't have to go to the bathroom as she watched harry take a step closer to ryan with clenched fists with a mean glare.

ryan bulked up when harry stepped closer. harry didn't show if he was intimidated or not, just stood there. ryan smirked as his eyes landed on her figure, " i'd beg to differ" nodding in arabella's direction.

harry looked over his eyes changing when they landed on her. an emotion arabella couldn't figured out clouded them over. within the second harry turned arou nd ramming his clenched fist into ryan's face. 

people that surrounded  the two boys gasped  as ryan who was not expecting the punch held his hand over his jaw.  arabella could tell it hurt ryan's little ego, but he had it coming. there was thankfully no blood just miss cale who returned to watch the punch be thrown. 

she told harry to go straight to the office the bell ringing drowned her out. harry walked briskly toward arabella pausing for a second, long enough to mutter the words "you're welcome."