twenty seven

harry drove lazily tracing small stars on arabella's bare thigh arabella relaxed in the seat. she had gotten home earlier to have harry waiting for her on the doorstep telling her he had a surprise for her. 

along with this surprise she had to pack clothes & necessities for at least a couple days. arabella arched a brow at him at this point. harry just smiled telling her to meet him here in front of her house in twenty.

arabella rushed inside, quickly making her way upstairs.

 suspicious and slightly nervous about her mom somehow finding out that she wouldn't be here weighing on her. she reassured herself though by the fact she would have her cell on her at all times.

arabella was excited as she thought of all the possibilities of where they were going. her head filled with ideas as she chucked clothes in her duffel bag. making sure she didn't forget, she ran to grab her toothbrush along with her shampoo.

she packed a book just in case along with gym shoes for if her feet hurt. the duffel bag was successfully swung on her shoulder, arabella doing a quick scan of the room in case she was missing something.

her eyes fell on her pillow deciding to take it tucking it under her arm. her duffel bag was heavy and arabella was not looking forward to facing the stairs in worry of falling down them. 

on the other hand she didn't want to ask harry, letting on she was weak and couldn't do it herself.

"screw that," arabella muttered to herself braving the stairs. 

five minutes later of careful steps she made it downstairs. lugging the bag out the front door, arabella paused to swipe her house keys off the hook locking the door and letting it slam behind her.

harry was leaning against the truck his ankles crossed along with his arms over his chest with a smile on her face. arabella let her pillow fall, hopefully landing on her duffel, and ran to his now open arms.

she jumped, harry ready for it as she wrapped her legs around his waist. she pressed her lips against his. she was giddy with happiness that harry was sweeping her from this place to take her somewhere. 

now that's where their destination was, somewhere. 

arabella couldn't bring herself to worry about it, she trusted him.

 through the windshield they could see the sun was falling into the earth leaving a bright orange pink mark when doing so. arabella grabbed harry's hand on her thigh allowing her fingers to fit in between his.

arabella wanted to beam, to shout to that sun, to anyone out there. that she was beginning to understand love and what all that truly meant.

 she wanted to shout that she was doing it with this boy whom she loved sitting beside her at this moment with a thrumming heart.

their relationship was messy, but it was theirs nonetheless.

that is what mattered.

{ short, but update soon! }