eight

the news of harry standing up for her to ryan in english spread like wildfire through the school.  now when arabella walked down the halls people stared at her pondering why harry stood up for a freak. 

arabella hated the unwanted attention, cheeks flared red but kept a poker face. she wasn't letting these people get to her as she did with ryan. which resulted in harry getting in trouble for her.

after skating through the rest of the school day arabella was relieved to be on her way home. she didn't get very far on the walk when a group of girls stopped her. they demanded to know why harry, a popular boy in general and with the ladies, stood up for a loser.

arabella fought her way through the girls that circled around her fast walking all the way home. when she was safely inside she let out a sigh of relief. she was frustrated and flattered by what harry did. this was all such a mess.

for the rest of the day and well into the night arabella watched netlfix to keep her mind off the matter presented. with her mother away on another business trip she didn't have to worry about what time she was supposed to go to bed.

nonetheless, she decided to head up around eleven. she changed into some shorts and a old shirt. having thrown her dark brown almost black thick hair into a messy bun she brushed her teeth. she watched her reflection in the mirror when doing so.

how pale she actually was. how her hazel eyes were boring. how the freckles sprinkled over her nose and upper cheeks were childish. how her lips weren't full enough. how her ears were too small. all those parts together made a freak.

why would harry argue that?

arabella quickly finished brushing her teeth rushing out of the bathroom before she started to cry. turning her lamp off she climbed in bed under the covers facing away for the window waiting for harry. despite how tired she is.

ten minutes of waiting passed till she heard harry fumble with the window. a couple minutes later harry's arms were around her their bodies molded together.

" you shouldn't have done that." arabella spoke up, disturbing the silence.

"you shouldn't be called a freak." harry retorted back.

"i didn't ask you to do that harry." arabella muttered feeling guilty. she was glad she wasn't looking in his eyes or she would have probably start crying from the hurt he must have been feeling from the colliding of his fist into ryan's jaw. 

she hadn't even asked or thought about his hand until now.

"how is your hand? does it hurt?" arabella questioned him a sense of urgency in her voice. harry chuckled his chest vibrating against her.

"i'm fine ara, it was just a punch." he reassured her. 

relief flooded through her, she didn't want harry to get hurt because he was stupid enough to stand up for her. his arms tightened around her frame her eyes becoming heavy therefore closing them.

"don't do that again okay?" 

"no promises."

arabella was on the edge of sleep when she felt harry's warm breath on her ear. she wondered if he knew she was still awake or thought that she was asleep.

harry whispered in her ear, "you are not a freak ara." 

a warm fuzzy feeling erupted in her from the words he whispered. to be assured she wasn't a freak like everyone including herself made her out to be was refreshing. even if she didn't believe him. maybe he could see something she couldn't.

what could he see?

{ i hope you are enjoying this. you guys are lovely readers if you are still reading this. }