thirty five

"but you have to trust me," harry stated.

"i do trust you," arabella told him confused.

he moves close enough for his hand to cup her cheek his thumb rubbing up and down it.

"good, because i'll talk to my father but it has to be just me" harry informed her.

arabella let out a huff at his stubbornness but understood why he wanted to do it alone. despite understanding though she was still worried at how his father might react. she doesn't want to see harry come out of the house battered.

"harry....." she began not knowing how to exactly express how conflicted she was that he was going to do this. she knows harry is his own person and all and can make his own decisions. she does trust him, to the point where it scares her, but she doesn't trust his father.

"you have to let me do this ara, i'll be okay" harry says reassuringly.

arabella still can't help but fear what his father might do to him and didn't know what else to say other than ask when he was planning to talk to his father.

"tomorrow, in the morning. maybe he'll be sober then to think straight and here what i have to say" harry answered.

arabella leaned in kissing him, hoping it'll settle her nerves "promise me you'll be careful."

harry hummed in response his lips moving fluidly against hers, "uh huh."

arabella disconnected their lips giving harry a serious look not satisfied with his answer,

"promise me." she stated not budging on it.

"i promise." harry responded connecting their lips again for a quick moment before disconnecting them again.

"let's get you home," harry turned and nodded towards the direction of home. arabella just wrapped her arms tight around his waist at his words, clinging on to him.

"can't we just stay out here?" she tried to persuade him. she didn't want to go home, to go be under the same roof where someone who has been lying to her for years is sleeping.

arabella also didn't want harry to go home where he is danger of his drunk father.

harry let out a laugh," what? so we could freeze? no you're exhausted. it's been a long day."

arabella pursed her lips at him wanting to argue but it really has been a long day. and as much as she wanted to ignore how bad her eyes burned she knew she should sleep.

harry gently pried her arms off of his torso to turn around so his back was facing her leaning down a bit," come on, i'll give you a ride."

arabella bit her lip debating to get on or not but quickly decided to take him up on his offer. she was exhausted.

after getting securely on his back, her arms slung loosely around his neck her cheek against his shoulder arabella began to feel sleepy making the mistake of closing her tired eyes.

"almost there," she heard harry say at some point.

at another point she felt her body hit something soft, contrasting to harry's back making her rouse opening her eyes to see she was in her room and harry heading to leave out her window.

"wait!" she said to harry making him stop turning around to look at her. with the light from the moon streaming in from the window she could see the bruise his father caused better, she could also see faintly how tired his green eyes were.

"can you at least stay until i fall sleep?" she asked. harry nodded taking of his shoes reminding arabella that she needed to do the same.

arabella burrowed under the covers as harry climbed into bed beside her getting under the covers as well wrapping his arms around her waist pulling her to him like so many times before.

arabella relaxed feeling harry do the same beside her.

"i love you ara, i won't let anything happen to you," harry whispered into the crook of her neck where he had buried his head his curls brushing up against her jaw.

arabella was a little worried about his end words sounding like he did before she lost it out at the old baseball field. it sounded like we were back to square one where he would risk everything to keep her safe, she ignored the thought though. chalking it up to overthinking and being overly tired.

"i love you too harry. "

{sorry this is kinda late, i just didn't know how to start this. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT AND YOU COMMENTS AND VOTES IT MEANS THE ABSOLUTE WORLD TO ME! i really hope you all have a good day because you all deserve it}