thirteen

the sound of her murmuring woke him from his sleep. a sound he wouldn't mind waking up to everyday. if it was only that easy. with opened eyes he peered down at arabella who looked so peaceful, every feature on her face illuminated by the sun streaming through the window.

he wanted to tighten his hold on her, pull her closer yet he didn't want to wake her on accident. harry couldn't believe she was there in his arms in his bed. lying there with him in his bed a day he never thought he would see.

he let a low sigh escape through his lips as he thought of the aftermath of this. he didn't want to keep hurting her, but by keeping his distance he's keeping her safe. at the moment though he was violating the very rules he had set for himself.

 harry stared at arabella entranced until she opened her spectacular hazel eyes. a smile found its way on her face  an eyebrow arched.

"were you just staring at me?" arabella asked.

harry just shrugged in response finding himself amused when she rolled her eyes proceeding to roll over so she wasn't facing him. he took this as a chance to pull her closer so her back was flush with his chest. 

his arms securing a tight comfortable hold on her. she shifted slightly letting a sigh of content out, and that's when harry knew he wanted this to last forever.  but that was a foolish thought. this could never work.

it pained harry to have that thought, but nonetheless it was true. she was too good for him. he simply wouldn't allow her to lower her standards and associate with him. he couldn't.

which also means that he has to stop crawling in arabella's bed. if he was to do this he was going to do this right, by cutting all ties. f.uck this is going to hurt, but she'll hopefully get over it quickly. 

but as of right now he was gonna savor this last moment with her. she shifted again her bum brushing against his crotch, harry stiffened hoping to not get a morning wood right now. he sharply inhaled moving his head to have easy access to her ear.

"ara" harry warned in her ear. he could practically see her grinning, but complied. they laid there in a comfortable silence until arabella interrupted it.

"harry, we should really get up soon." arabella says making harry groan in frustration. she was right, but he didn't want her to be. reluctantly he retracted his arms from around her sitting up. 

arabella falling suit. he got out of bed stretching, then turning to watch arabella roll out of bed. grinning at the fact she was brighter than the sun when she was just getting out of bed. with her hair a craze and her sleepy expression not to mention she was dressed in his clothes right now.

he tore his eyes away from her, he was having trouble coming to terms with the fact that this was most likely the only time he would ever see it. grabbing clothes from his dresser he informed arabella he was getting dressed exiting the room and into the adjoining bathroom.

harry changed into the clothes finger combing his hair before then exiting the room. arabella stood with her clothes from last night folded in her hands,  harry admiring the fact she was still dressed in his. 

arabella blushed as he recognized it stammering" uh my clothes were still damp, i hope you don't mind." 

harry shook his head quicker than he liked to admit, she looked better in his clothes than he did. 

"i suppose you wanna go home?" harry questioned trying not to sound  sad. harry coached himself mentally to stop being weak and to man up. 

arabella nodded, " a shower would be nice. "  

harry instinctively glanced at his bathroom making arabella laugh. her hand flying to cover her mouth making harry frown. why was she trying to cover it? her laugh was pure music why would she trying to muffle it?

"sorry harry, but uh, i mean my shower" arabella corrected playfully.

" my shower not good enough?" harry  teased with a smile.

arabella only shrugged smiling. harry outstretched his hand locking fingers with arabella's. he led her down the stairs and right out the front door not wanting to chance it with his dad while arabella was there.

no way would he subject her to that.

they walked over the yard to her house where they to still face the problem of getting in since the keys were locked. eyeing the window  across from their window downstairs he realized it was the perfect high to climb through.

"that window over there unlocked?" harry asked pointing to the window in question. 

he watched as arabella cocked her head in thought, " i  don't think so."

arabella leading the way tossed her once folded clothes on the ground, she pushed up on the window, it opening.

"thank god" arabella praised to the sky. arabella turned on her heel to look at him again with such an intense stare harry returning the gesture.

" thanks for letting me spend the night, and for coffee, and.." arabella rambled, harry seemingly lost control of his actions lettings his fingers brush her cheek tilting  her chin up a bit cupping it. 

arabella became at a loss of words, harry smirking a bit at the action. regardless he had been thinking of this moment for a while, and even though this was gonna f.uck up his plan to just detach, to make it easier he moved in.

his other hand found her waist angling her body in toward his slightly, his lips connecting with hers. he knew the taste of her would be the only thing on his mind the entire day, his entire life. kissing her would not become a regret harry promised himself. 

he pulled away the slightest bit, his eyes scanning over her face, acknowledging the fact her hazel eyes were trained on his and how she seemed at battle within herself.

"why does this seem like goodbye?" arabella whispered hurt lacing her voice.

harry knew she was a smart girl, he just wished that this moment wasn't tainted with the truth with what he was going to do. all the points she made last night, all of them true. he hated that he made her feel like that, and most likely feel like that again.

but she needed better than him, he needed to keep her safe. whatever she will feel about him will pass quickly and she could move on.

harry knew this was going to be harder for him, and selfishly went in for another kiss ignoring her question. he could not see the betrayal in her eyes right now, he needed this.

his lips on hers moving feverishly against each other as if they couldn't get enough, kissing her hard. hoping after everything she wouldn't forget this kiss. very selfish but he couldn't help but let himself have this one pleasure before it all ended. 

then he pulled back  planting a soft peck on her lips, another on her forehead. harry had to force himself to walk away to go over all the reasons why he was doing this. the look on arabella's face of confusion and hurt will plague him for the next few weeks at least. 

he knew that it would hurt like h.ell, but it was a small price to pay if she was safe.

{this was an intense chapter wow. how did you guys like this?  harry's pov? hope you have a good day }