twenty eight

"this is it," harry exhaled as the truck lurched to a stop in front of a beautiful little house.

the little house was old, and weathered with vines climbing up the sides of it's old deep green chipping walls. beautiful apple trees lined each side of the house the smell of apples crisp in the air.

"what is this place?" arabella asked in awe.

harry smiled at her reaction, " it was my grandmother's and she passed it down to me."

arabella looked at him with a grin.

"how could you not have told me before?" arabella exclaimed.

harry just shrugged in response getting out of the car tossing a key chain to her. arabella caught it barely by the ring that held a couple old keys on it.

"what are these?" arabella yelled out the window to harry who was huffing to get her bag out of the bed of the truck.

"keys to the house. go ahead." harry prompted heaving the duffel out.

arabella excitedly clambered out of the truck bounding to the house. she took careful steps up the stairs to the porch that looked slightly un sturdy. she stuck the key carefully in the slot twisting it successfully unlocking it.

the door creaked loudly as she pushed it open to see only how dark it was inside. she had seen enough horror movies to stunt her movement from going farther inside.

"what are you doing?" harry grunted from behind her, arabella jumping.

her hand flew over her chest," it's dark in there!"

harry just rolled his eyes scooting past her with their duffel bags in hand into the dark. arabella trailed behind him closely," there should be a light switch right by the door" harry instructed.

arabella's fingers felt around on the wall finding the light switch. with a flick light flooded the room revealing a lovely stair case along with a pretty light fixture above them. to the left there was a door way letting her see what she presumed to be the living room.

"c'mon, wait till you see the room," harry huffed starting up the stairs.

arabella excitedly followed after him in awe at the beautiful wood stair case. the stairs led right into a room which was odd because it usually ended at a hallway.

harry hit a switch so they could see inside the room was a big bed in the middle of it with the head board flush against a pale yellow wall. on either side of the bed floor length lamps and windows where you could see the dark outline of the trees outside.

she knew it was a beautiful view during the day highly anticipating seeing it. she was so wrapped up in the thought of it she didn't hear the thump thump of the duffel bags hitting the floor as harry's arms would around her waist her back molding into his chest.

harry kissed her temple, his curls tickling her skin when doing so, "do you like it?"

" i don't even think that's a question," arabella exhaled in content. harry hummed happily in response in her ear making her toes tingle.

"you haven't even seen the whole house yet," harry added slowly swaying them side to side.

arabella smiled, deliriously happy that harry had whisked her to someplace that was special to him and away from home.

"i came up here the day before, so we have fresh clean sheets to sleep on" harry informed her proudly.

arabella turned in his arms so she was facing him his green eyes making her heart beat a little faster," this is all so, " she struggled to find the right words "thoughtful and i'm so grateful."

harry smiled at her words his dimple on show simply kissed her on the cheek in response. it wasn't even that late yet she couldn't help the yawn that escaped from her mouth.

"hmmm we could go to bed," harry suggested.

arabella felt bad that they just got there and she was tired. harry did all this for her and she was ready to sleep.

harry's thumb brushed her cheek,"it's no problem really, i'm kind of tired too" he admitted as if he was reading her mind of doubt.

arabella bit her lip not going to tell him she still felt the slightest bad for being tired. harry separated himself from her and walked over to his duffel bag grabbing a shirt. he turned around to arabella handing her the shirt.

"you can sleep in this. i mean if you want. you look good in it," harry fumbled over his words arabella's cheeks warming.

"okay, where's the bathroom?" she asked.

harry pointed to the door on the left side of the room, "over there, the light switch is by the door."

arabella gave him a chaste kiss when she passed by him muttering him a thank you. finding the light in the bathroom arabella changed out of her clothes and into the navy shirt that smelled like harry.

she was secretly esctatic that he suggested she wear his shirt, it felt like it was important. it also stopped mid thigh, she felt like that played a part too.

leaving her clothes on the bathroom floor she walked back into the room to find it empty and dimmed the main light shut off only one of the lamps. harry suddenly appeared in the door way, "had to shut off all the lights downstairs."

she climbed into the bed the sheets cool and soft beneath her smelling like apples. she burrowed under the covers peeking over the top of the blankets trying not to laugh as harry wiggled out of his skinny jeans until he was just in his briefs, his shirt already discarded on the floor.

he shut off the lamp crawling into bed beside arabella with a grunt as he tried to get comfortable molding his stomach to arabella's back, his arms finding his way around her. a comfortable sigh escaped his lips as he nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck.

arabella relaxed beside him, letting herself fall asleep knowing she was safe in his arms.

{this update was long over due, for that i am sorry! hope you enjoyed!}