Chapter 6 : Surprise

"Hey Alice, it's me Lore, I just called you to ask you if you would go with me to the Summertime Ball festival this week. But I'm pretty sure you will because Mike Posner is performing and I know how much you love him. Moreover I think it would be a good thing for me to...you know...forget about the things that happened. I really need to go out and see other things, hope you'll say yes, call me back when you get this message. Love you sweetheart."

This festival was the perfect alibi to have a chance to see him again without risking any trouble. I'd be in the crowd surrounded by people, they wouldn't even notice me but I hope he will. Yep, I was definitely going there and I won't mind if Alice says no but I already knew she would say yes just because she wants me to feel better. I just have to pretend this event would be something that makes me happy and she will follow. Arh, I know I'm manipulating her right now but I can't let her know. It's like mixing the practical with the pleasure right ?

Come on, Alice, call me. You can do it. I need you to take your phone.

As I saw Alice wasn't calling me back, I decided to eat something quick in my little kitchen. Maybe I should learn my lessons too, I had to stay focus on my studies, I won't get my licence doing nothing but planning all sort of things. Plus, my parents only had me, I was their only child they were waiting for me to succeed. Sometimes it was hard being the one and only child because a lot of responsibilities was put on my shoulders. I couldn't make any mistake, I had to make them proud of me too. Anyway, it was time to revise my english literature, so I just let my phone in my room. When I came back one hour and a half later I took my cellphone and saw I had 3 missed call from Alice. I called her back right away.

"Hello Lore!"

"Hello, Alice, I've seen you tried to call me 3 times already. Sorry my phone wasn't near me. Did you get the message I left you ?"

"No problem, and yes I heard about the Summertime Ball festival too. MIKY IS COMING YAY, can't wait for my baby to perform. It will be a pleasure to go there with you, all the more it will be great for you. It takes place this week right ?"

"GREAT. Yes, this week, I can't wait and thank you for being here for me. You know it means a lot."

"Don't worry about that, I will always be there. I can't wait too, I'll pick you up with my car by the way."

"Okay, sounds nice thank you. Bye Alice !"

"Bye sweetie !"

YES, I DID IT. Alice you don't even know how much I love you right now, I can't wait to be this week, can't wait to see him... I was already thinking what to wear and how to do my hair. It was like I was 14 again and about to go to my first date.

*the week-end after*

Alice picked me up at my house to go to the festival. She was so pretty, she had put some flowers in her hair and her make up was on point. She was dressed with a beautiful white dress and a pair of red strappy sandal. As for me I was wearing a black dress with a low-cute headline which Alice noticed as soon as I came in her car.

"What a beautiful dress, you've never shown me this one. Who is it for ? Are you expecting to see someone special you secretive child ?" She gave me a big smile.

If only you knew how close to the truth you were Alice. Yes I was about to see someone special but it's not what you think. Plus, Zayn didn't call me or text me at all since I last saw him. It was time to remind him I existed, and remind him what happened.

I had to say my make up was on point too, I had put some eyeliner on my almond-shaped eyes, and put an orange/brown colour that makes my eyes pop. With a lot of mascara and a little bit of blush that would flattered my cheekbones. I wanted him to desire me of course and if I wanted him to noticed me in the crowd I had to be very close to the stage but waiting for hours for him wasn't a big deal.