Chapter 19 : This is what you came for

Zayn's POV

It is late in the night, or early in the morning,-depends on how you see things- and I have to call back my manager.

I've waited to call him as it is not the same hour in L.A and I don't want Lore to hear this conversation. She's lying next to me, sleeping like a baby, I carefully stand up not to wake her up and take my phone.

I shut myself away in the kitchen and dial my manager's number, lighting up a cigarette. He picks up the phone immediately.

"Yeah, Zayn ?"

"Yeah, sorry if I'm calling late I'm in Paris right now."

"And I already know that, actually that's why I'm calling you. Look, I've seen the pic with this girl, she's pretty I have to say but you can't be seen with her. Not anymore, do you hear me ?"

"Why ? Joe, what's the problem with this girl ?"

"The problem is, she's not famous you know what I mean ? You have to think about your career and I'm here to remember you that."

"Joe, get down to business."

"Alright, remember the girl from your photoshoot ?"

"Yeah the blond one, and ?"

"Zayn I thought it would be good if you were with her. She's pretty, a well-known model and I think she has a kind of crush on you already."

"Wait that's why you called me ? What kind of evil plan have you made again ?"

"Business is business Z, you'll be with her as long as it will be good for your promo. Actually I'm not asking you, I've already arranged a contract and a rendez-vous, that's why I need you to come to L.A."

"Listen, I don't really know if we should do this and right now I'm kind of busy I don't know if I can go righ-

"Listen to me Zayn, you're gonna do exactly what I'm telling you okay ? Busy to do what ? Fucking this girl ? Please. Now you're gonna take the plane I've booked for you, is that clear ?"

"Dude, don't be rude. I don't know it sounds a bit crazy."

"Remember when you told me you could do anything for you career ?"

"Yeah...I remember..."

"You know I'd do anything for you, I need you to trust me, this is for you career I repeat."

"Yeah...I know...Yeah...But it's okay,I'll do it."

"Good. But...you seem to like this girl, tell me, you're not in love with her right ? It might me compromising."

"Nah, she's just a random girl I met, she's no one to me, no one."

"Good. See you later Z-" I turned around as I heard something behind me, maybe someone. But when I turn around nobody's here, I end up the call.

"K-, bye."

Actually, he's right, I know I would do anything to be better and if I have to be with that girl well, I guess I'll do it.

I kind of lied on the phone when I said Lore is no one to me, but honestly I'm not gonna say no just because of her.

Deep lost in my thoughts I was going back to my bedroom, trying not to make too much noise as Lore was still asleep. I decided to sleep a bit more and not wake her up immediately, we'll have time to take that plane.