Chapter 33 : And after all...

As days passed my family came to L.A to check on me. Zayn's manager, Joe, made the call. I was too damn afraid to do it myself.

Moreover I didn't know what to say, I was so far from them. I was hiding the truth for so long now, I forgot how to be honest somehow because I've always feared to be caught.

But this time I couldn't run away from my life, my real life as Zayn will be by my side now. They had to know about me and my dear boyfriend even though he was more than that to me.

The label "boyfriend" was not enough, he was my savior, my soulmate, everything. I couldn't hide this part of my life anymore.

When Joe called my parents they thought in a first place that I had trouble because of my University but then, when he told them that I was in a hospital in L.A they almost died on the phone.

They took the first plane immediately, but as London is a bit far from L.A I had time to figure out what to say. How I was going to introduce Zayn or explain why I was in L.A.

Zayn was here all along, he didn't leave me at all. He was trying to reassure me, promising he will always be there no matter how things get bad. He helped me to recover for the past few days, and I was feeling much better now.

But I don't know if I would handle my parents' reaction, I was so afraid. Well, I had faith in my mom, she was really open-minded, she always wanted me to be happy.

And I was happy.

When my parents finally arrived, hours later, I felt like I was about to pass out again.

"Lore, we can do this another time if you want." Zayn took my hand and squeezed it. He was so sweet to me, I would follow him everywhere he goes.

"If I'm not doing this right now, I won't be able to do it later. As long as you're with me it's okay."

"Alright," he kissed my forehead, "Always by your side, always."

Suddenly, my parents came in and we immediately pulled back. Zayn stood on the corner, quite far from me. I felt a bit disoriented, I needed him by my side all the time. He was like a reference point to me.

My mom opened the door first and immediately rushed towards me, holding me tight, crying. Her lips were shaking and her hands around my face too. She was so overwhelmed I barely understood what she was saying. When she pulled back my dad hugged me too, I could see tears in his eyes even though he was trying to hide it.

They asked me tons of questions and as Joe told me, I said I had had an accident. That I had stumbled on the floor and hurt my head badly but now I was feeling much better. And that they had nothing to worried about anymore. Surprisingly they believed me and didn't ask no further questions concerning the circumstances. Well, that was easier than I thought. But then, when my mom asked me why I was in L.A when all of this happened my jaw dropped a bit and I couldn't find the right words to say. Zayn cleared his throat at that moment.

My parents were so focused on me they didn't see him, standing on the corner looking at us all along. Zayn came closer biting his lips, I could tell he was nervous. He stood right next to me, protective.

"Hi," my mom came closer to him and shook his hand, "and you are ?"

"I'm... the one who brought Loreleï here after the...accident." Please Zayn you need to sound confident if we want them to believe this lie.