Chapter 13 : Stuck in the moment

As promised I was driving back home to see my parents for the week-end as I was on holidays now. Actually I haven't seen them for like 2 weeks and I needed to be with my mum, being independent and having my own flat is cool but there's nothing like home. Moreover, my mum is a great cook and I've missed her food.

I was driving for 1 hour now and I was almost there as my parent's house was not really far from the center of London. As I arrived and parked my mum was already standing under the entrance porch waiting for me. When I got out of the car she ran towards me and hugged me tight, my dad just behind her.

"How are you sweetheart ? I've missed you." Then she pulled back and my dad gave me a quick kiss on my cheek with a smile on his face.

"Fine, actually I'm happy to be back home."

As I walked in the house I could smell the familiar perfume of my home. See, you never know how much you love something until it's gone, and I really missed being home somewhere. Even if my life has changed so much so fast, and I'd like to tell everything to my mum like I used to but it was a little bit different this time. In fact I didn't want to talk about him at all with what happened earlier, I needed to put things into perspective.

Actually, being far from him right now was a good thing.

Then my dad just sat on the couch waiting for my mum to call him when we will have to eat while I went into the kitchen. As I saw what my mum had prepared for us I really started to get hungry, it smelt so good. Home is the best place on Earth, I swear. As I wasn't very talkative my mum started to ask me questions.

"So, nothing new ?"

"Not really, mum, everything's just fine."

"Everything is okay about school ? And how is Alice ? Good ?"

"Yeah, she's fine. We went to the festival I told you about, remember ? It was great, we had a good time together."

"Oh yeah, great I'm happy for you. And what about our dear Alex ?"

Alex is a jackass but it's fine.

"Good, he's doing good." I put a fake smile on my face trying to avoid any question from my mum as she could read through me like an open book.

"He'll be joining us today, I proposed him to come, you don't mind ?"

"Mum you did WHAT ?" I was looking reprovingly at my mum trying not to freak out, but I heard it perfectly. Alex was coming today to have lunch with my family like nothing happened. But one of the first thing that came accross my mind was why did he accept to come ? I mean, we broke up and I haven't heard any news from him since. He's really pissing me off right now like what is he trying to do ? Anyway.

"Did I do something wrong ?" My mum was frowning, wondering why I was acting like that.

"Actually yes, we..." Okay, time to tell her Lore, she deserves the truth and I'm not gonna act like nothing happened. "Alex and I broke up, mum."

"You what ? What do you mean ? What happened ?" As she was shocked about what I just said she put her hand on my shoulder trying to be heartwarming, even if I really don't care about him anymore. Her big eyes on me trying to figure out what happened between us. I knew she would react like this and I hate it, he doesn't deserve so much attention.

"I guess we were not meant to be but I'm okay, that's life." As I was trying to calm her down my dad walked in, he had heard about our conversation and he started to ask the same question but I quickly decided to make it clear. "Listen, there's no need to do a big drama about it, I'm fine. I just don't want to talk about it because after all it hurts a little bit but I'm telling you I'm okay so don't freak out. I've decided to move on."