Chapter 30 : Won't go home without you

I was kneeling, on the floor, my head above the toilet bowl. Zayn was holding my hair while I was throwing up all the alcohol I've been drinking.

I was shaking as throwing up was one of the things I hated the most, kind of a phobia actually. Zayn was kneeling next to me, rubbing my back with his other hand to try to appease me. I was disgusted and in my head I swore I would never drink that much again.

"Zayn..." my lower lip was shaking, I could feel tears running down my cheeks too as I was exhausted. All I wanted was to sleep. "You should go. Don't look at me."

"It's okay, Lore. I'm here for you, I've seen worst things in life."

"I'm so ashamed right now, please go Zayn, you don't need to see this."

"I'm not going to leave you, not like this. No matter if you like it or not, understand ?" His tone was serious and protective. I just nodded.

Minutes later, I was laying on the floor, all sweaty. Zayn took a washcloth, dampened it with fresh water from my bathroom sink and put it on my forehead.

He patted it slowly on my head while I was looking at him, still a bit tipsy and most of all ashamed. But looking at his features and feeling his hands on me helped me to relax and breathed normally again. Again, he had such an effect on me that no one ever did.

He was taking care of me, gently. In fact, Zayn had carried me to my flat as I wasn't able to walk properly. I don't know how was he able to carry me as Zayn wasn't the type of guys who had big muscles and all, but he managed to take me back home still.

I don't know why he was being so nice to me after what happened. Maybe he was feeling guilty, but I wasn't expecting him to come and save me from that man and bring me back home.

What kind of man does that ? The one who is in love. But, here was the problem. Zayn wasn't in love with me, I gave him the chance to say it loud and he didn't do it. Then, why was he being so sweet to me ?

After a few minutes I regained consciousness, Zayn sat next to me on the cold white tiles. I turned my head to look at him and asked :

"Why are you doing this ?"

"Seems like you needed help."

"But why are you still here ? Holding my hair and helping me to recover ? You should have already left. I don't understand."

"Lore," he paused, "Maybe you were too drunk to remember it, but I told you I would never let anybody hurt you again, which includes me. I'm here to take care of you."

"You're not supposed to take care of Gigi instead ?"

I couldn't forgive him everything and I needed explanations too as he was supposed to be with her right now, not me.

"This girl is not worth it and never have been. You are."

"But..."

Zayn came closer to me and put his hands on my arms trying to warm me up as I was still shaking a bit. I could smell his perfume on his neck, his necklace was floating in the air moving back and forth, like a hypnotizing movement. Suddenly, I remembered something.

"Then, why you didn't answer my text ?" Zayn moved back and paused.

"I never saw your text. Gigi deleted it before I was able to see it."