Chapter 4

Tori's POV:

"Tori, we're home!" My parents voice echoed through the room. I groaned and rolled over, coming face to face with my wall. Niall had decided to leave early, late last night after we had eaten. It was quiet between us and I couldn’t help but feel my heart ache at the feeling.

"Tori?" My Mum's voice called from the bedroom door. I looked  up at her as she stood in some white skinny jeans and a spaghetti strapped tank top. She warmly smiled at me, then let her eyes travel around the room. "Was Niall busy?" She asked, making my body tense. She can't find out about that. Quick Tori think!

"Uh… yeah. He had to wash his cat…" Really? The best you could do? I mentally slapped myself and re-focused my attention to my Mum. She looked at me like I had two-heads and nodded. 

"Right.." She spoke, stopping in her sentence to clap her hands together. I nod and get out of bed, moving towards my closet. I grabbed out a pair of skinny jeans, a plain t-shirt and my favourite hoodie. It was his… No, not Niall's. My brother, Lucas. I haven't seen him for 2 years, he just walked out.

I walk past my Mum and down the hall to the bathroom again, stripping of my clothes I jump into the shower and enjoy the feeling of the warm liquid running down my spine. Images of last night seemed to flash into my mind, making me go hot in the face and probably a tomato red. I drained the soap from my hair, switched off the taps and stepped out of the shower. The cold air hit me, sending goose bumps to swarm over my body and send a shiver wave through my skin. I wrapped the towel around me, trying to find warmth. I quickly swiped at the droplets left on my body and pulled on my clothes that were folded on the counter. I pulled my hoodie over my head, stuck my arms through it and then tugged it down to my waist - well in this case to mid-thigh.

I walked back to my room, grabbing my school bag, packing the needed things and slumping it over my shoulder before walking down the hall and into the kitchen. Dad was sat at the table, reading the local newspaper with his reading glasses hanging from his ears. I dropped my bag onto the kitchen table and walked to the opposite side where he was sitting. I leaned over, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Morning Dad." I smiled. He smiled back, but all I saw was Lucas. They looked so much alike. I bit back a painful sigh and grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl sitting in the centre of the table. I threw it up in the air, then caught it and took a big bite.

"Morning Sweetie. How was last night? I bet it was sexy." He spoke, making me choke on the bit of apple. He glanced at me weirdly.

"What was that?" I croaked.

"I bet it was boring…?" He said, slower this time like I was an idiot. I nodded awkwardly and turned around so my back faced him. My face scrunched up, what was happening to me? My phone beeped from my bag, making me bolt towards it. I looked at the lit up screen, Niall. I opened the text and felt my stomach drop.

'Hey, sorry I won't be able to take you to school today..

-Niall'

The arm that held the apple dropped to my side dramatically and my head slumped. I groaned, this means I have to walk.

'Uh… okay. I guess that means I'll be late for school then

-Tori'

I sighed again, shoving my phone in my pocket and making my way to the front door. "Bye Dad, tell Mum I said goodbye too!" I called before shutting the door. I have my license, yes. But I don't have a car, Mum and Dad both have a car but of course they need them both for work. I rolled my eyes at their words.

My eyes squinted as I searched the sky, the clouds were grey and dark and not one ray of sunshine seeped through them. I made my way down the steps, kicking a pebble with it that soon became a game of boredom. With each kick, the pebble would flick either side of the pathway.

My hands buried themselves in my hoodies pockets and I hung my head low. My mind was going crazy, the mixed emotions inside of me were going crazy. I was actually hearing things! I kicked the stone again, cursing under my breath. What did I do? Niall wouldn't… avoid me like that, would he? Did last night seriously affect our friendship? Because if it does, then I take back what I said about not regretting it. Because right now it's the main thing I'm regretting.

Niall's POV:

Niall you are officially the stupidest person on Earth. My fingers tightened on the steering wheel as I sat in the driveway of my house. My head fell to the wheel and I scrunched my eyes up. "You’re an idiot Niall." I said under by breath, "A big fucking one." I mumbled again.

I grabbed out my phone, finding the contact I want and clicked on it. My fingers began tapping on the screen, typing in my message. It got a reply quickly, and my heart sank.

'Uh… okay. I guess I'll be late for school then

-Tori'

I threw the phone to the passenger seat next to me in frustration. Great, my friendships going out the window, all because you can't face her because you let your fucking boy hormones take over! My fists balled on top of the wheel, before I broke out in a rage and began punching it. The horn beeped a few times, sending strange glances from people walking by. I ignored them. I don’t need anyone's shit today. I jumped out of the car, slamming it forcefully shut and walking back up to my house.

School can suck it.

At a time like this, I would call Tori and tell her my problem and she would always help me through it no matter what it was. But this, this is different. How am I supposed to face her after banging her? Are we supposed to just go back to Best Friends, when knowing you've fucked each other? No! It's just not normal.

Even though I like her, I know she doesn’t feel the same. So I can't make a move, or anything. This whole situation is just making me tired and angry, I stop down the hall to my room and lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

Niall Horan, what have you done.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Woopsie, Niall you are in for some biiiiiiig trouble mm-m! *snaps fingers*

I'm really excited for this fanfic, like seriously ;3 it's gonna be good! Well, hopefully that's what you'll think. BUT OHMYGOSH GUYS.

I'm getting braces. I'm gonna be a nerd, I just need the glasses. #HelpMe

HOPE YOU ENJOYED LOVELIES XOXO