Chapter 27

Niall's POV:

"I'm never cooking soup again." I muttered under my breath as I poured a decent amount of the thick liquid into a bowl and placing it on a plate with slices of buttered bread as a side dish. That was probably the most difficult thing to cook, first you had to get the potato and pumpkin just right then the onions and sprinkle the right amount of salt and pepper, then you had to boil those in water and finally mash it all together. I had to try twice because I either burned it -don't ask me how- or I forgot something. But after deciding to look it up on Google, I finally managed to get it to a decent manner. Tori, you better like this...

I poured a glass of water and grabbed a spoon before taking the meal and walking towards Tori's bedroom. I took a deep breath and knocked gently on the door, after waiting a few seconds with no reply, I slowly opened the door and poked my head around the corner. Tori was perched at her bed, snuggling up to a pillow. The small shade of light made a glow on her angel-like face, her eyelashes only barely touching the top of her rosy cheeks. The sheets were pulled up as far as up to her neck, in attempts to stay warm.

I couldn't help but smile as I walked towards her bedside table, placing the food and drink on it quietly. She shivered slightly, every now and then her lip quivered, showing she was cold. To wake her up, or to not wake her up? Well Harry did say to talk to her, and I don't think she'd like cold soup...

"Tori," I spoke in a hushed tone, gently nudging her shoulder. She twitched slightly, her head only snuggling into the pillow more.

"Go away." She mumbled in a soft voice. I shook my head and nudged her again. She sucked in a deep breath and rolled over so she faced me, a small frown present on her face. Her eyes fluttered open before closing again. "What's wrong?" She sighed tiredly, burying her face into the pillow. I somehow had a longing to be there with her, my arms wrapped around her delicate waist as she nuzzled her head into my chest-

"Niall?" Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. I looked down to her again, blinking a few times to clear my head.

"Oh, I brought you some food." I mumbled, picking up the plate with the bowl as she sat up right, a small smile on her face. She put a pillow on her lap for it to rest on as I handed it to her.

"Thank you." She whispered, her green eyes meeting mine for a few seconds. I nodded my head, sitting at the end of the bed by her feet. She eyes me for a while as if waiting for something, but after seeing I did nothing she patted the spot next to her, a small smile on her face. "Come here." She laughed, shaking her head as she ripped a piece of bread apart then dipped it in the soup.

I smiled slightly, moving up the bed and sitting next to her. We sat in silence, just staring at each other through the mirror on the opposite wall. She handed me a piece of bread soaked in the soup, I gently took it from her grasp and popped it into my mouth, chewing slowly. It wasn't awkward, it was an at peace silence, almost as if neither one of us wanted to break it. But I knew I had to.

"I'm sorry," I sighed, not daring to break eye contact with her. I needed to show her I meant it. She nodded her head in response. "About everything. Not telling the boys, yelling at you... I always fuck up and I just wanted you to know I really, truly am sorry. I have all this weight on my shoulders from just, everything."

"Niall, it was my fault. I shouldn't have snapped at you in the first place. You're the one who gave me a place to stay, food to eat and I chose to scream at you for a little mistake. I should be the one saying sorry." She laughed half-heartedly as if she were disappointed in herself. "You probably think I'm a bitch now; may as well just kick me out like Mum and Dad did." I heard her sniff and knew she was at the point of breaking. Why? I'll never know, but I took the soup out of her hands and placed it back on one of the bedside tables before turning back to her and pulling her into a side hug.

"No, it's not your fault. You can't exactly help it with the pregnancy and mood swings, but I can and I could've controlled myself but I lashed out. Don't you ever say that again, you know I'd never think that and I'd never kick you out. That's pathetic. You mean more than anything to me Tori, and you're carrying something that means just as much as you do. You've changed my life, literally, and I don't regret it for a second. So tell me why I'd just throw it all away?" I said sternly, kissing her forehead after my little speech. She sniffed again and looked up at me, peering through her eyelashes.

"Because I'm obviously the wrong girl to be having a baby with." She whispered. I frowned at her words. That is the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.

"There isn't any other girl in the entire world I'd rather have than you." I whispered back, noticing the slight blush form on her cheeks. She looked back down at her hands, trying to hide it. "I mean it Tori." I stated, pushing strands of loose hair behind her ear. I could see the wide grin on her face before she turned around and gave me a soft peck on the cheek. I was not expecting that. At all. I smiled down at her when my phone made a buzzing noise, signalling I had a new message.

'New message from Louis'

I shut off the screen, not before checking the time, 9:34pm. "Guess I'll see you in the morning then." I said, making an attempt to get off of the bed. Small, cold hands wrapped around my arm and stopped me in my tracks. My head snapped back to meet longing, green eyes.

"Don't leave." She almost begged, tightening her grip on my arm. I looked her face over once more, before nodding and climbing in under the sheets with her. Just like I had imagined, my arms wrapped around her, careful not to press too hard on her stomach and scooted her closer to me. She happily obliged, and did nothing but nuzzle her head into my chest. It was literally picture perfect. My hand rubbed small circles in her back as my chin rested on the top of her head.

"Niall?" She croaked.

"Hm?" I hummed for her to continue. She seemed hesitant to ask the next question but finally managed to get the words out.

"What are we?" My eyes wandered over the room for a while, unsure of what to answer with. It was a pretty shocking question, you're usually unprepared for. I didn't know what to reply with, whether we were a couple or if we were just friends. It was a confusing topic.

"I don't know." I mumbled before we fell into silence.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

ooooooooooooh, so what do you think they are? Couple? Friends? Friends with benefits? ;) Omg.. And to all the people who are still here from the very beginning, I LOVE YOU AND YOU'RE AMAZING. To the new comers, WELCOME AND I LOVE YOU TOO!

Okay, also, I'm going to start that game thing again! Where I dedicate a chapter to the person who's comment makes me smile! It's not that hard really.. Because I smile at almost every single one.. But you get the point! So go for ittttttttt, comment!

Love you heaps xo

~k e l s e y x