Chapter 55

Louis' POV: 

"Hush little baby, don't you cry!" Liam rocked Diana back and forth in his arms, making me cringe. I felt my eyebrows pull up in a sorry looking manner. Why were we stupid enough to agree to this? The four of us wouldn't know how to look after a single baby if our lives depended on it. "This isn't working!" Liam panicked, arms outstretched for Zayn to take. Zayn raised his hands in the air and shook his head. 

"You expect me to do any better?" He questioned loudly. I just stood, leaning against the bedroom wall.  No doubt Chloe was winning by now. 

"Let me try." Harry took her into his arms and sat down, he patted her back softly but the crying continued. "This child just doesn't like her uncles, I swear." Harry groaned. I shook my head and pushed myself off the wall. 

"Did you guys ever think that maybe she needed a change?" I asked, crossing my arms over my chest. Liam and Zayn took a few steps back at my sentence, and the look on Harry's face told me he wasn't looking forward to it. 

"Do I have to?" He whined and stood. I just nodded my head and motioned to the changing board. His face scrunched into one of disgust as he began to unwrap Diana from the blanket looking thing she was in. I heard Liam's and Zayn's muffled laughs in the background but chose to ignore it. 

"I can smell it already, do you reckon they have gloves and a peg somewhere?" Harry turned back around with his nose still scrunched up and hands looking like they've just touched and alien. 

***

 10 minutes, a pair of gloves, a peg, snorkling goggles and a dirty nappy - (or diaper) - later, Diana was still upset. I was so close to pulling my hair out by now. How do Niall and Tori deal with this everyday? Let alone two of them. 

"I need to breathe." Harry gagged, pushing past us all to the door. I watched Liam hold back his laughing, until I glared at him and caused him to swallow back the humour. It'll be him next to 'attend' her. 

"I think we should just forfeit, we clearly won't win." Zayn shrugged his shoulders. I snickered at his suggestion and rocked Diana back and forth. 

"Forfeiting isn't an option," I told him, "it show's how much we suck at this. We haven't even tried, besides, look at her now." I pointed my chin to Diana who was softly cooing, her face still scrunched but you could see the tiredness in her face. 

"You're acting so serious over this." Liam laughed. 

"This is war soldier! You better get your act together before I do it for you!" I strained my voice, jokingly. He immediately stood up and raised his right arm to his forehead, standing just like a soldier.

"Yes sir!" He said in a serious tone, staring at the wall. We all laughed at our immature behaviour. A voice interupted us from the door, causing our heads to flick towards it. 

"Good game soldiers, but I believe I win." Chloe smirked, motioning towards a sleeping Caleb in her arms. I narrowed my eyes and looked towards Diana, she was in the same situation, asleep. I smirked and showed her to Chloe. 

"No, I believe we do." I said slowly. She frowned and shook her head. 

"No way, I was the first to call it so I win." She laughed sneeringly. 

"Just give it up, we won." Harry said from behind her, sounding like a sick dog. It was really only changing the girl, it couldn't have been that bad. 

"Like hell I'll give it up, you boys need to wake up and see who truly won. It's okay, I understand you're all sore losers." She smiled nonchalantly at us all which recieved a glare in her direction from me. 

"It was us who won!" I said, my voice getting louder.

"No it wasn't!" She yelled. I tell you what, these babies won't be asleep for much longer but at that point, it didn't exactly process until blood curdling screams filled the room once again. 

"Great." We mumbled at the same time. 

*** 

Niall's POV: 

"I wonder if they're actually coping with them," I felt my lips pull into a thin line at the thought. Let's hope they haven't somehow managed to set the house on fire. Tori laughed from across from me. We had just finished our dinner but decided to stay back and let us enjoy ourselves. She glowed in that white dress; eyes shimmering bright, skin looking smooth and soft, hair tucked back neatly into a bun. She looked like she was meant to be an angel, too delicate and fragile for this world. But I had her here with me, and for that I'm grateful.

"I'm sure they're fine," She moved her glass in a circle motion, making the liquid in it spiral up the glass, "They're all probably passed out on the couches. I just hope they didn't leave the kids on the floor or something." She made a face as she finished her sentence, making me laugh through my nose quietly. 

"They'll cop it if they did." I shook my head and leant on the table. She smiled. 

"Mr Protective Daddy." She teased, sticking her tongue out at me. I raised my brow at her. 

"Am not!" My answer came out distinclty rushed, which made it even more unbelievable. "I just don't want them hurt, and if they are then... I will try not to kill them." I said calmly. She laughed at my lie, we both knew I may have been overreacting but I'd never admit it. 

"You're an idiot." She grinned. 

"You know, it's a fact that girls only say 'you're an idiot' to the boys they love." Lie, but it was fun. I batted my eyelashes at her which she erupted into laughter at. 

"You know, it's a fact that girls only say 'you're an idiot' to the boys who are actually idiots." She rose her eyebrows at me and snapper her fingers, it was my turn to laugh now. 

"And you think I'm the idiot." I mumbled, purposely loud enough for her to hear. Her mouth fell agape and a fake frown formed on her face.

"That was rude, you asshole." She huffed and turned her face to not look at me. I grinned sheepishly.

"So much name calling tonight." I placed my hand over my heart. She glared at me, trying to hide her smile. 

"I hope it hurts." 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

day late. whoopzie dasiezzzz (read in Zayn's accent, totally makes it 100% better)

I HAVE A DAY OFF FROM WORK TOMORROW HOLLAAAAAAAAAAA

oh my glob and guys, my phone case came i am sO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. AND I QUOTED TFIOS SOMEWHERE IN HERE SO GOOD FEELINGS ARE GONE AND I'M GONNA GO CRY Uuuuueghaslndagkankjg smweeshs mseehnsknjnopopnji

idk what that was^

ANYWAYYYAAAAA, bye c: