Chapter 5

Tori's POV:

My feet seemed to get heavier with each step I took, who knew school would be so far away? In a car it takes about 15 minutes there, but walking takes 40. School will be over by the time I'm there! I looked up and noticed a familiar house, my eyebrows broke into a frown as I saw his car parked there. Sitting in the driveway. If he were to go to school today, he would've already left. I huffed, picking my pace up and forgetting the pain with each step I took towards his house. I'm not just sad he's avoiding me, but I'm fucking angry!

I came face-to-face with the wooden door with basic carvings decorating it and sighed - more like growled - through my teeth. With one deep breath, I lifted my fist and smashed my hand against it. It created a loud noise that could be heard echoing throughout the house from outside. I smirked and continued banging, trying to get a response. Within the next minute, the door flies open, resulting in me punching the persons chest. His muscles go tense under my hit, probably from the sight of me. I look up with the same frown and cross my arms over my chest. 

He sighs, rubbing a hand over his face. "Well?" I ask, popping my hip out. "Why aren't you going to school?" I said more sternly. He looked at me, as if trying to tell me he wasn't in the mood. I raised my eyebrow at him and he groaned and stepped aside for me to come in.

"Can we finish this inside?" He ushers. I huff and push past him, walking straight to the kitchen that directly leads from the front door. I lean back on the bench and stare at him as he makes his way over, his blue eyes only glancing at me twice. My heart clenches but I push it away.

"What's changed?" I asked, looking down at my nails. He leaned on the bench opposite to me and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. We stood in silence for a few seconds before he spoke up.

"We kind of..." He trailed off, hoping I'd get the idea.

"So you're going to avoid me because we banged?" I questioned, my voice raised slightly. I know 'banged' isn't the best word, but it's the only thing that came to mind. For the first time, he looked me in the eyes.

"Tori, I'm not avoiding-" He started before I cut him off.

"Don't bullshit me Niall! Why can't we just forget it ever happened? Because clearly to you, it was a mistake. And if that's how you think of it then fine, because I can assure you it won't be happening again! If you're willing to throw our friendship away like that, then do it! Because at this point in time it seems like you really could care less about it. It just comes to show those little mistakes can change so much." I screamed, standing up-right. He widened his eyes slightly, then stood up tall, once again towering over my height.

"I never intended for that to come across like this, Tori. All I needed was a day away from everything to think, then you come in throwing things at my face. If you even think that'd I'd throw away our friendship like that, then I don't want to know the rest. I thought you would know that I would never go that low to do something like that, but I was wrong." He says, his voice becoming rougher with each word. I hated fighting with him, I really did. But right now my emotions were getting the better of me. I felt my eyes tearing up as I stared into his.

I sniffed, feeling the first tear fall. "Don't talk to me." Were the last words I said before walking out of the kitchen and out the front door. He called my name after me but I didn't stop. My walking turned into a fast jog as I bolted down the pathway. His footsteps became distant from behind me, telling me I had lost him. I stopped at the road and looked behind me. He stood on the pathway at the front of his house with his hands raised above his head and tangled in his hair. Something he did when he was stressed.

A sob escaped my lips, I've officially lost my Best Friend. I bolted again, running across the road. I didn't know where I was going, but it wasn't school. I continued running, my feet becoming sore and my knees feeling as if they were going to collapse.

My life went from normal, to completely ruined in just a day. People stared at me as I passed them, but right now I didn't care. I came to a stop when I saw the old café across the road. I pushed my way across the road and walked inside the café, the door making a ding sound as I opened it. There were only a few customers, but the atmosphere was so happy and lively. I walked towards the payment counter and looked around, a young girl looking about my age came from the kitchen labelling 'staff only' on the door. She smiled at me, then her expression turned to a shocked one as she examined my probably mascara and tear stained face.

She walked around to my side of the counter, grabbed some napkins and handed them to me. I smiled at her offer and began wiping off the stains. "Are you okay?" She asked, watching as I cleaned my face. I sniffed and gave her an uncertain nod. She cocked her head to the side, giving me a sympathy look before wrapping me in a hug. I didn't know this girl, but it was good to have people out there to do things like this. To care for someone they don't even know. It was a nice feeling.

She wrapped me into her arms, after a small hesitation I finally gave in and hugged her back. I began crying again, letting small sobs escape my lips. She pulled away and grabbed some more napkins before wiping away the tears again. I gave her a small smile through the tears but she still wore that sympathetic expression. She took my hand and pulled me over to the staff's side of the counter as she noticed the people staring at our scene. She took me into the staff's office and sat me down on a chair. "Would you like some water?" She asked kindly, I nodded as she walked away and exited the room, not being gone long and to again walk back in with a glass of water in hand.

I mumbled a 'thank you' as she handed it to me. She leant against a small desk positioned to the side of me. "I'm Chloe." She smiled, putting her hand out. I gladly accepted the offer and shook her hand.

"I'm Tori." I said with a weak voice. She lost her smile, replacing it with that same sympathetic one. I took a sip of the glass, feeling the refresh run down my throat.

"Do you mind me asking what happened?" She asked. I sighed.

"I just got into a fight with my Best-... well now Ex-Best Friend." I mumbled. She nodded understandingly.

"Must have been bad... Don't worry, I'm sure it'll all get better soon. I mean, things happen for a reason right?" She tries to cheer me up, I nod slowly. She sighs. I look around the room, my curiosity getting the better of me. That's when the thought came to mind.

"Are you hiring?"

***

Niall's POV:

She's gone.

You've lost her.

She's never coming back.

The thoughts constantly ran through my head, I couldn’t cope with them. I was literally pulling my hair out, every second my hand rand through it. I sat myself at the end of my bed, how could I be so stupid to let her run away like that?

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Woah. So, their friendship may be over!? DUN DUNNNNNN... don't worry, all of the drama has just started *laughs evilly*

Hope you liked it my lovelies xoxo (NOT PROOF READ)