Chapter 38

Tori's POV: 

My heart was racing and I could feel my lung beginging to swell, making it difficult to breathe. In the distance, I could see all of the ambulances and police cars parked around a few cars. Everyone was surrounding the scene, making me run faster. I pushed through the crowd and to the front of everyone. Police were holding off the people, who weren't exactly making a big deal, but were just curious. 

My eyes scanned the shocking scene in front of me, and as soon as my eyes landed on the familiar car, my throat closed up. Tears were already falling down my face as I struggled to breathe, my chest pained. I was having an anxiety attack. The hood of Niall's car was squashed all the way back to the windshield, almost like it concaved into the other half of the car. There was - a much larger - car a few metres away, it's side bent inwards so the car was in a 'V' shape. 

I felt myself going dizzy, trying to grab onto anything I could. One of the policemen ran to my side for help, finally noticing the state I was in. I managed to keep my eyes open, just enough to see two doctors run past us with a bed, carrying a familiar blonde haired boy. I tried to scream for him, but only managed a wheeze. My tears ran faster, I could only see his hair but I knew it was him. I reached my arms forward, hopefully the policeman would get it. He stared from me to the bed that was now being wheeled into the ambulance. My chest still clenched painfully, it was still hard to breathe and I was leaning onto the policeman, unable to walk.

"Do you know them?" He gestured to Niall. I nodded my head eagerly, letting out a whimper. He talked into his walkie talkie and took my shoulder, half carrying me and leading me to the ambulance. My eyes were becoming droopy, but I could heard moderately clearly. "I want this girl taken to hospital as well, she knows this man and needs help, she's having an anxiety attack." He ordered, before several hands reached for me, tugging me up into the vehicle. 

I closed my eyes as a female nurse began instructing me. "Hun, I need you to breath deeply. I know it's difficult but I need you to really try." A few seconds after the words processed, I sucked in as hard as I could. A little more air than I had managed before filled my lungs, but it was better than nothing. "Good, good. Keep doing that for me and it should reduce your heart rate." She encouraged. I did as told, each time it was getting easier and easier. I could finally feel my chest rise and fall after 10 minutes of trying to calm myself. I opened my eyes a little more, they immediately landed on the bed. 

I jumped up, but a nurse instantly rushed to my side and sat me down. "You need to stay seated, we're in a moving vehicle and it can be very dangerous seeing as you've only just came off an anxiety attack." She told me, strapping me in. I let a sob out of my mouth, bringing a hand to cover it. I could see blood stains over the sheets, but I still couldn't see his face properly. "You obviously know him?" The nurse questions, looking between us. I nod my head. 

"He's my-" I cut myself off. What could I say? He's not my boyfriend, but I can't say 'he's just the father of my children but we're only friends'. I decided my words and sighed. "My boyfriend, and the father." I croaked, my voice cracking between the words. She gave me a sympathetic look, but it didn't change anything. Sympathy won't take time back. The ambulance halted to a stop and a few nurses and doctors rushed Niall out and into the building. The same nurse stayed with me, wrapping a towel around me. She ushered me inside and into a private room. "Usually I wouldn't take a guest in here, but I feel like you deserve to have the right." She gave me a short smile and patted down on one of the seats. I sat down, rubbing my arms. 

"Would you like some water? Tea? Anything to eat?" She offered. 

"I'll just have some water, please." I whispered, staring at the ground. I felt empty. I really hope he's okay, and it's only minor injuries. She handed me a cup of water, and I sipped on it slowly. It was quiet for a few minutes while I drank. 

"Sorry, I never got your name?" She questioned, eyeing me. I swallowed the water and cleared my throat. 

"It's Tori." I whispered. She nodded. 

"Well, I'm Nurse Hellen, but you can just call me Hellen." She spoke with a small smile. I didn't even know how to smile at the moment. 

"Is he going to be okay?" I asked suddenly. She sighed, fiddling with her fingers. 

"He's lost quite a lot of blood. He has some serious injuries, but the doctors should be able to stitch them up. I'm sure he will be fine Tori, don't worry about it too much." She tried to assure me. I just nodded in response. How can I not worry? That was a stupid statement. Call me a bitch, but telling me that I shouldn't worry is stupid. It only angered me. 

"And how long will he be in the surgery room for?" I asked. 

"For about an hour or so. But you should just get some rest, it's already 6:45pm. I'll get you some pillows." She sighed and walked to the closet. I watched slowly as she pulled out a few blankets and two pillows. She pressed on a button that made the chair I was sitting on fold out. She handed me the pillows and draped the blankets over me. "I promise I'll wake you up when they're finished. But just try get some rest, you need it." She told me before switching the lights off and leaving the room. I sighed loudly, feeling my eyes tear up. I just want him to be okay. The last conversation we had was us fighting. My cheeks were wet with tears at the thought. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

NO HE ISN'T DEAD. 

But damn. I wanna cry just writing that. WHY AM I SUCH A MEAN PERSON I'M SORRY NIALL I LOVE YOU! ugh mah gawd im a bad person 

I really hope I don't loose readers for this, like seriously, I promise it'll get better.

ily bye byes xoxo

~k e l s e y x