Chapter 63

Tori's POV:

We sat in silence on the couch, it would've had to been past 11 at night. After the incident earlier today, Niall had begged me to send Chloe home and stay with him. So, here I am next to him seated on a couch while our babies were sleeping. 

The silence wasn't even an awkward silence, it was just peaceful. Like right now, I wouldn't think there was words that needed to be spoken. Anyway, his presence was all I needed for the moment.

I jumped at the feeling of a pair of lips on my neck. I turned my head down to see Niall's eyes staring up at mine, a small smile on his lips as he rested his head on my shoulder. I gave him a small smile back as he drapped his arm over my lap and pecked the bare skin on my shoulder. I leant my head on his and sighed through my nose. 

"I'm sorry I made you feel like that." Niall mumbled against my skin. He started rubbing his thumb against my side. 

"I overreacted, don't worry about it." I said as he lifted his head from my shoulder. His eyes flickered between mine for a few moments, sometimes even at my lips. 

"Tori?" 

"Yeah?" I mumbled. 

"You know I love you and would give you the world, right?" He asked quietly. I felt the pit of my stomach flutter and I bit my lip to hide my goofy smile. I nodded my head. "Good, because that's how it's staying." He whispered before closing the distance between us. I hummed at his action and moved my lips against his, melting at how good they felt against my own. 

When I pulled away, it was my turn to rest my head against his shoulder and close my eyes. He kissed my forehead gently and leant his head on mine, we practically swapped positions. 

"Niall?" I whispered, keeping my eyes closed. He hummed in response, waiting for me to continue. "I love you too." 

***

I yawned, stretching my arms over my head as my eyes tried to adujst to the light. I almost rolled off when I realised I was on the couch, a blanket draped over me with a pillow under my head. A smiled slipped onto my face as I ran my hands through my hair and looked around, the house sounded empty, though there was a delicious smell coming from another room.

A frown replaced my smile when I jolted up quickly and walked towards the twins room. My heart skipped a beat when I found they weren't there, I gulped and walked back into the kitchen, maybe they were in Niall and I's room. 

I came to a stop when something red and white caught my eye, sitting on the counter of the kitchen. Slowly, I turned around and gasped when I saw a decorated box filled with white and red roses. I walked up to them, my hand placed over my chest just looking at them. They were gorgeous! I spotted a card tied to one of them and opened it, smiling to myself as I read it. 

'Don't have a heart attack, it's your day off. 
I've taken the kids out so you can have your own time :) 
I've left you little notes, to guide you into what you have to do today. I'm not finished with what I started. So first, check the kitchen table.
Love, love, love you,
Niall. xxx
'

I couldn't help but hug the card to my chest and smile like an idiot. Despite me telling him everything was fine, he's still trying to make it up to me. I let out a small squeal and placed the card on the counter, speed-walking into the other room to find a hot plate of stacked pancakes dripping with chocolate sauce and ice-cream on the side.. My mouth watered from the sight of them, causing me to instantly sit down and grab the knife and fork set next to me. I surprised myself when I finished them all in a time of approximately 10 minutes, my stomach felt like it was going to pop, but it was definitely worth it.