Chapter 25

Tori's POV:

"Lucas," I breathed. "Is it really you?" I could feel my eyes widen just at the sight of him. He no longer looked like the cute, baby faced Lucas I remember before he left, but now had small stubble growing from his cheek bones down to his chin and just above his top lip. His hair was a browny-gold, just like mine but styled messily. I stared at him, wondering if he was actually real or I was just hallucinating. Jesus, what did that girl put in my drink?

I had a feeling he was mirroring my expression, wide eyes and a dropped jaw. He nodded his head once, still examining my face. "You're so grown up." He croaked, swallowing deeply. I gave him a nod and cleared my throat. My hands instinctively covered my stomach as best as they could.

"Well, I uh should get going." I murmured, going to walk around him. He gently took my wrist, making me breathe out deeply. This was all too much for me at the moment, I know he's my brother but having the pregnancy and the hate on my shoulders all at once? I just need time to clear my head, and then maybe I'll be able to look at my brother. Sure, I miss him. Sure, I want him back. But right now just isn't the time. Am I even making sense?

"Wait, please." Lucas pleaded. "Can you at least let us talk?" He sighed, his grip dropping from my wrist. I bit the inside of my cheek and turned around to face him. "Please." His whisper was filled with desperation.

Sighing, I nodded my head. "Fine." I mumbled, I need to tell him why I look like a whale anyway, so why not now?

He grabbed his order quickly and we sat down in one of the stalls. I sat across from him, examining the way he fiddled with his fingers. I knew how awkward this would've been for him. So instead of torturing him in silence, I broke his train of thought. "Lucas, I'm pregnant." I said bluntly, like it was the most simple thing. He stopped fiddling his fingers and stared wide eyed out the window.

Slowly, his eyes found mine. "D-Did you just say?" He stuttered as I finished his sentence.

"I'm pregnant? Yes, I did." Saying it seemed so normal now, like all the stress had gone knowing Niall was with me through it. But now I may even have a brother to help me too.

"With who? How far along are you? Do Mum and Dad know? Speaking of Mum and Dad, how are they? Have you seen them lately?" He fired all of these questions, and at the mention of our parents I froze. A small pain in my chest ached. I missed them too, but I don't know if I'll ever be able to forgive them if I did see them.

"Slow down," I chuckled half-heartedly. "Do you remember Niall Horan? I was good friends with him?" I asked. He nodded for me to continue. "Well..." I said, biting my lip as I looked down at my hands.

"Oh." Was all he said. I looked back up at him to see him frowning slightly. "So, is he with you at the moment?" He questioned, a glint of protectiveness in his eyes. I nodded my head.

"Yeah, we're helping each other through this." A small smile spread on my lips at the thought of the blonde haired boy. "We're actually living together." Lucas' frown grew, obviously confused.

"So you're not living with Mum and Dad?" I shook my head.

"That's what I need to explain to you.. I got kicked out." I sighed. Lucas' hands balled into fists at the end of my sentence. He knew what I felt, we've both been through it and it isn't a nice feeling at all knowing your own parents won't support you.

"Fuck. Again?" He cursed. I gave him one nod. "What a shit bag of parents, I hope they're fucking happy now they've lost both of their only kids." He said through gritted teeth. My hand reached out and placed itself over one of his fist. He deeply breathed through his nose and closed his eyes for a few seconds before opening them again.

"It's okay, I'm over it. I have Niall and now you, that's all that matters. Not them." I calmed him, slowly rubbing circles on the top of his hand. He nodded his head and sighed.

"You're right." He gave me a small smile. "So, how far along are you?"

"Almost 4 months." I returned the smile. "It's pretty amazing, yet scary at how fast time flies by." I chuckled, looking down at my stomach. I looked back up to see Lucas with a much wider smile on his lips.

"So, I'm officially an uncle?" I laughed at his words.

"Yes, you're an uncle." His eyes filled with happiness and joy when I finished my sentence. Crinkles shown off by his eyes as he smiled like a fool. I've never seen him this happy.

"I'm so happy for you, and I'm glad Niall's good to you." This is why I love my brother, I knew he'd be there to support me. And to think I was hesitating to actually have a conversation with him? What was I thinking, it seemed like all of my stress had gone now that I've talked to him.

"Anyway, enough about my life. What's going on in the life of Lucas?" I smiled while sipping my drink. Lucas' smile reappeared on his face as he looked out the window, curious eyes following the people that walked past.

"I'm seeing someone." He shrugged. I gasped playfully, tapping the table repetitively with my hands.

"Who? Who? Who?" I asked, my smile mirroring his.

"His name is Dale, he goes to my university and he's just perfect! We're pretty official, but oh my gosh Tori he's amazing! You have to meet him!" He sighed dreamily. I giggled at his behaviour and shook my head.

"Yes, well I'm going to have to!" I obliged. He smiled widely again as we finished off our drinks. I stood from my chair, rubbish in hand to put in the bin but Lucas beat me to it and ripped it from my hands as he threw it in the bin along with his. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"You're very welcome." He said sarcastically, although I couldn't help but notice the smile playing on his lips. I rolled my eyes.

"Thank you Lucas!" I said loudly on purpose for everyone to hear. We both laughed as we received weird looks while walking out of the coffee shop. "It was good to see you, really." I said once we had calmed from our laughing fit. He nodded his head.

"Yeah, I had fun. We should do this more often. Do you still have my number?" He asked.

"Always have." I tapped my phone that was placed in the pocket of my sweats. Yes, I'm wearing sweats. I'm pregnant and can hardly fit in my skinny jeans anymore, give a woman a break.

"Right, well text me when you have time to catch up. Maybe you can meet Dale next time." He smiled brightly.

"I'll bring Niall! See you around Lucas." I called, he waved to me as I turned to walk away and back to Niall's house. The smile never disappeared from my face the whole walk back to his place, I could see the familiar black vehicle parked in the driveway which only made me more thrilled to get back. My feet carried me up the porch steps that were covered in snow. I brushed off my boots and opened the door. Niall appeared from around the corner with a small smile on his face. I smiled widely.

"You have no idea who I just saw."

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

oh oh oh LUCAAAAS! Holler. idk I'm really awkward with these things soooooooooooooooooooo...

Do you guys like the frequent updating? Because I feel like they're may be more of it! Woo!

~k e l s e y x