Chapter 61

TRAILER ON THE SIDE! It's not that great lolssss I tried guys, I tried :') Anyone want to make a better one, feel free!

/\/\/\/\

Tori's POV: 

"Yeah, well he was this horrible person that night, but I knew it was the alcohol. But the next day he agreed to allow us all to talk it all through, and maybe become a family again." I sighed, Mum and Dad both stared with their eyebrows raised. "He should be here any minute now anyway." I said again, checking the time on my phone. Lucas promised he'd come, so I had no doubt that he wouldn't show up. 

"I just wish we could restart this all." I heard my mum sigh while rubbing her temples. She looked stressed, probably nervous about what the outcome of talking with Lucas may resolve into. I didn't say anything, there was nothing really to say. It was their mistake, I couldn't take any of it back, I was still trying to get my head around the past. 

A knock at the door had me standing immediately. I quickly walked towards it and opened it, smiling slightly when I saw a nervous looking Lucas on the otherside. "Thank god you're here." I mumbled, pulling him inside. He waited for me to lead him to the lounge, obviously not comfortable going in on his own. I took his wrist and guided him into the room, motioning for him to sit down next to me. He did as so and we all sat, waiting for someone to say something. I was surprised when I found Lucas speaking up first. 

"I'm sorry, for my behaviour last time I saw you guys," Lucas said confidently, looking at both of their faces. "I overreacted and I'm not proud of what I did, or what happened after." He said, now looking at me. I flashed a small smile and nodded my head. "But now I'd just like to have a normal conversation, I'd like my family back." His voice now grew quieter at his words. I put my hand on his shoulder to show support, even when I was feeling some need of support too. Mum's eyes were covered by a glossy shield of tears, she sniffed and opened her mouth to speak. 

"I know what we did was horrible, and I regret it so, so much for letting our only two babies slip from our fingers. We obviously didn't realise what we were doing until we had done it, I can't express how lucky we feel for being able to have a second chance." She said, her voice was weak like she was holding back tears. 

"I'm admitting this, you were the most horrible, inconsiderate, disgusting people I knew. But you're my parents and even though you did what you did, I knew deep down I still loved you, and I still do. You raised me and it's hard to forget flashbacks of your childhood memories." Lucas said honestly, we all nodded in agreement. 

"But leaving the past in the past is what it's all about, right?" I asked quietly, my dad managed to curl a small smile onto his face. 

"Right." He agreed. I turned my face to Lucas. 

"Have you seen Niall anywhere? He's been acting really strange lately." I whispered. Lucas shook his head. It was true, Niall had always been running around doing 'work', according to him. He would leave early and get home late. It was never like him, but I just his work was just a bit full on right now with his clients. 

I watched as Lucas stood from his seat when Dad stood and motioned for him to get a hug. Mum joined in on it, laughing slightly as she wiped her eyes. Lucas' head turned towards me and he yelled for me to come over. I slowly smiled and walked over, being wrapped in several pairs of arms. There was still a lot to mend over us all, but right now, this was all we needed and it felt good to be able to socialise with them again. 

 ***

"Chloe, have you heard from Niall lately?" I asked through the phone. She hummed in thought. 

"No, not really. Why?" She asked curiously. I rubbed my forehead with my hand and leaned back on the couch. The twins were asleep on the carpet again, I wish I slept as much as them.

"He's been really distant and odd lately." I huffed in frustration. I had a feeling it wasn't just work, he couldn't be working that hard on something. It just didn't seem like him. "His excuse is work, but I really don't know anymore. He comes home, showers and sleeps." 

"That's like, really... really odd coming from Niall." She sounded deep in thought before a gasp escaped her lips. "Oh my god.. Tori, what if he's cheating?" I felt my heart drop to my toes, no it was longer than that. Maybe to China. Either way, I felt it drop and shatter. My stomach twirled into knots and my brain couldn't process any thoughts, as there were too many. I just stared blankly at my frozen hand. 

"No... H-He'd never do that?" I whispered, althought it came out as a question. She sighed deeply. 

"Tori, you aren't certain of that-" 

"I can assure you he'd never do that." I said more firmly, although I still felt like there was a chance it may be what he was actually doing. I felt my eyes build up with tears but I bit my lip to bite back the sob, my throat hurt from the action but I couldn't stand crying over something that may not even be true. 

"Well, maybe you should y'know, suss him out a bit?" She reasoned. I closed my eyes and sniffed quietly. I ran a hand through my hair and shook my head. I had trust in Niall, I know he wouldn't do that to me and the kids.. 

"I'll just see, part of me is telling me no but the other part is really, really confused on what to believe." I admitted. I heard her shuffling around in the background then let out a sigh. 

"Yeah, I guess so, call me if you need to. But I need to go, I'll talk later." She said, I mumbled a 'bye' before ending the call. I hope what she said wasn't true, I had just fixed things with my family and now there's a chance something could be going on with Niall? I wasn't sure though, I had to stick to the positive stuff. Positive is what I needed. 

Diana and Caleb began squirming in their sleep, I felt my eyes drooping just looking at how peaceful they looked, I needed sleep. I couldn't without putting them in their cots first, I picked Diana up and carried her into their room, tucking her in and kissing her forehead. I came back to get Caleb, which I also tucked in and gave him a kiss. Feeling better they were in their own safety, I took the baby monitor and lazily walked into Niall and I's room. I slipped into the covers, bringing my knees to my chest and clutching them there. 

I found myself staring at a wall, letting my thoughts eat me alive. I wanted to believe what I wanted to, but I found it hard when the little voice in my head told me there's the chance I'm wrong.