Chapter 36

Tori's POV:

The messages. They're getting to me. Everywhere I go I can't help but dwell on the fact of them. I sound like a mad lady, but I can't stand them any longer. All they would tell me is negative, nasty things. They'd even throw in comments about Niall or our babies and that really angered me. I can't do it anymore, it's been going on for weeks and nothings changed, only my hate for Lizzie was growing stronger.

I swear if I ever see her face someone will have to hold me back from strangling her.

I still haven't told Niall about them getting worse, I know I should talk to someone but I don't want to bother them or dump all of my problems onto them when they have more important things to do.

I paced the kitchen as my phone started bleeping again. The screen continued flashing disturbing and rude messages at me, each one pushing me further and further. I threw my head back, my anxiety levels going through the roof. Tears began staining my cheeks as I bit my lip in attempt to keep them from flowing. I can't do this on my own.

'Fat whore. Niall's only staying with you because he feels sorry for you. He'd leave in a flash if you told him to.'

I let out a cry as my eyes scanned the message again. They're probably right. Everything they say is right. I am ugly, I am a skank, I deserve to die. Niall is probably just waiting for his chance to leave.

My whole body was shaking, I was a complete mess. Hell, even the twins would want to leave when they see I'm their mother.

I took in sharp breaths, inhaling deeply. My eyes were focussed on the far wall on the other side of the room. I leant back on the bench, the sound of my notifications fading into the background. My eyes flickered to the knife block that was perched on the other side of the kitchen, sitting on the island bench top. A thousand thoughts raced through my mind at the sight of the blades. They glistened in the sunlight coming from a far window behind me. Slowly, my feet began dragging me towards them. The floor made mourning sounds as my ankles dragged along it.

I couldn't think, I couldn't feel, I couldn't control what I was doing. It's like I wasn't me as I approached the shiny steel knives sitting across from me.

My hand reached for the knife but I jumped back by a sudden ringing. My heart pounded in my chest as I grasped onto the bench for support. After a few short breaths I realised it was just my phone ringing. I read the contact name and sighed deeply, cleared my throat and wiped my face before answering.

"Niall, hey." I put on a fake voice.

"Hey Tori, just wanted to ask how you feel about chicken curry?" I laughed slightly at his words, pushing all negative thoughts to the back of my mind. Niall helped, just by hearing his voice. It helped. I wanted to hug him and for him to tell me it'll be okay but I can't. He can't know about how bad it's gotten. I've told him the hate has died down and I hardly get any. I just can't put that stress on him. "Tori?" He cooed into the phone, snapping me from my train of thoughts.

"Oh, sorry. Uh, yeah! Sounds perfect." I spoke with a smile in my voice as tears still fell down my cheeks. I wiped them away again and took in a deep, quiet breath.

"Alright, well I'll see you soo-"

"No." I croaked pleadingly.

"What? Tori are you okay?" Niall asked, his voice becoming serious.

"I-I'm fine, just a little stress is all. But just- don't hang up." I sighed. "I love hearing your voice, it calms me..." I whispered as I slid down the wall until the floor touched my butt. I kept my head in my hands, just waiting for Niall to speak again. I'd be surprised if he heard me.

"Then I'm not going anywhere." He whispered back in his deep, Irish accent. I listened quietly as he'd mumble pointless things into the phone, receiving little chuckles from me every so often. I smiled, biting my lip as I stared at the floor. "You're very beautiful Tori Innes. Did you know that?" I smiled as my cheeks reddened.

"No, I didn't." I whispered back.

"Well you should know, because everyone else does." My stomach was fluttering with butterflies. It's funny how he can change my mood in an instant.

"Thank you Niall." I giggled. "Really."

"It's my pleasure ma'am." He replied in a formal accent. I laughed again, leaning my head against the wall behind me. I began to think of what would've happened if he didn't call. What would I have done? Where would I be? The thoughts scared me so I shook my head to make them dissapear. "Guess what?" He piped to me.

"What?" I asked smiling. A sudden knock on the door sounded, making me stand slowly and approach the door. "Hold on there's someone at the door." I paused him before swinging open the door. I gasped as I found Niall standing there with a large boque of purple, blue and white flowers. His phone was pressed to his ear as he stared at me.

"Surprise." He spoke into the phone, making me laugh. I wrapped my arms around his waist and burried my head in his chest, breathing in his cologne. This is how I love to end my days.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

OI GUYS IM BACK HIYA HOW YOU BEEN SORRY I HAVENT BEEN UPDATING BUT SCHOOL WORK IS SETTLING NOW AND ITS GETTING CALM AND LESS-BUSY SO THAT MEANS UPDATING WOOOOO! I really hope you enjoyed this tension-filled chapter kinda ish idk i'll stop now..

Anyway, love you loads my little fabnerinos ❤

~k e l s e y x