Chapter 47

Niall's POV: 

I sat in silence in Tori's hospital room, I told her she needed rest and so she let herself fall asleep, leaving me with the also sleeping twins. It was somewhat comforting in a way, knowing the people I cared about were safe and relaxed. I sound like a weirdo, but I don't know it  just was. 

I leant back in my chair, dialling Liam's number. After the third ring, he finally answered. "Hey mate! How was it? Is Tori fine?" He asked suddenly. I told him I'd call him after everything has settled slightly. 

"Yeah lad! It went really well, the two are healthy. Caleb is slightly bigger but that's just due to him being a boy. Funny, because he was the last to grow," I said quietly, chuckling as I scanned over the sleeping angels. I glanced over to Tori, smiling lovingly. "Tori's just sleeping now, she was a tad worn out." 

"Of course, you'd expect her to be worn out." Liam laughed. I smiled. 

"I'm not stupid, you egg." He laughed harder. 

"Well it's good that you're all fine. I'll come in tomorrow to see ya's! Night mate." Liam said goodbye. I agreed and said goodbye before a slightly faint crying filled the room. I looked to my left again, seeing Diana squirming around in her bed, her face scrunched up as she made disaprooving noises. 

"Alright, alright." I said, standing and walking over. I gently slipped my hands under her, of course it didn't take much because she was small and I had large hands. I lifted her and clutched her to my chest, rocking back and forth. 

It was scary, yet amazing that I was actually a  dad now. And that meant I had to step up a lot, not going out with friends and leaving Tori by herself, the usual really. She still made little cries making me anxious about waking both Tori and Caleb up. I don't know what would be worse, dealing with two babies or one and a cranky woman. 

"Shh," I hushed, bobbing her gently up and down. She grew quieter, but not completely. "Hush little baby don't you say a word, Papa's gonna buy you a mockingbird," She stopped crying, opening her eyes slightly. She couldn't fully of course, because she's only a few hours old. But I knew shee was listening. "And if that mockingbird don't sing, Papa's gonna buy you a diamond ring." 

Her breathing became steady once again and her eye's drooped. I sat back down, keeping her in my arms. She looked a lot like the both of us. Tori and I. We'll figure out Caleb and her hair and eye colour soon enough, maybe in a few weeks time. 

The thing I love about this, is watching them become what they were destined to be. Who knows, maybe Caleb could grow up being some football superstar, or even Diana. Or maybe they'll be celebrities, or they could go downhill and be hobo's. You just don't know, but it's all exciting. 

A quiet knock at the door pushed my thoughts away, and I looked up. A older looking nurse walked in and shut the door with a gentle smile. "Already a wonderful father." She encouraged, as she took the clipboard from the end of Tori's bed and wrote down information. I smiled. 

"I wouldn't say wonderful." I whispered, looking down at Diana. 

"Well why not? Look at you, looking after you're children, probably dead tired while your... girlfriend?," I nodded, "Get's her rest. It's perfect father material, and for a couple so young. You wouldn't expect it." I took in her words and thanked her quietly. "I'm surprised really, a young guy like you staying and taking the responsibility. The amount of single girls we get in who are already 6 months pregnant is ridiculous." She shook her head in a displeased manner. 

"If anything, I should be the lucky one. I have her and that was only the start of what made me stay." I sighed, rubbing Diana's forehead with my thumb. The nurse nodded her head. 

"Yes, I can understand that. Such a beautiful girl, lovely personality. Even when she's screaming in pain." She chuckled to herself. I chuckled with her, shaking my head. 

"Yeah, she's definately something though." My eyes now lingered on Tori. She looked like she was glowing, in a beautiful manner, of course. Her rosy cheeks and long eyelashes made her look like a genuine princess. My princess. 

"Mm." The nurse hummed in agreement and moved on to Caleb's papers. "Now this one, definately looks like you." She laughed, stroking his head. I smiled, "Diana, now I think looks more like her. But she does have some features of yours." She smiled. 

"They're both just perfect." I said lovingly. She nodded. 

"Gorgeous babies, I must say. And I've seen a lot of babies." She laughed again. 

"Thank you." I laughed through my words. "So, how long are we staying here for?" I asked. She chewed her gum and popped her hip. 

"I'd say maybe 2-3 days. It does take sometime, y'know the healing process and all. But we'll see how she goes." She smiled. I nodded. "Will you be sleeping?" She asked, again I nodded. "Right! Well I'll try get a matress sorted for you. And while I'm here, what did you want to order for the both of you? You can't sleep with an empty stomach." She pulled out another, smaller notepad. 

I placed Diana back in her bed and looked over the menu, ordering soup and buttered bread for Tori, and a sandwhich for myself. The nurse left the room as I positioned myself back on the seat. I tell you what, it's going to be a long night. 

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

IM SORRY IT'S LATE HOLY SHIT I ALMOST FORGOT, I'VE BEEN SO BUSY SHIZNIZ. IM SORRY IT'S ALSO SHORT, PLZ FORGIVE ME GUYS WOW UM YEAH :((((( <3  

LOVE YOU ALL <3 

~k e l s e y x