Chapter 51

Tori's POV: 

"Mum... Dad?" I gasped, stepping back slightly. I felt Niall's hand on the small of my back, telling me he was here for support, as always. I relaxed under his touch, sinking my back into his chest and crossing my arms over my stomach. Their eyes held mixed emotions, mainly pain and regret but a hint of excitement. 

"Hi, sweetie," My mum said quietly. I flinched at her words and only blinked at her. "It's been a while." She sighed, rubbing her hands nervously. My dad put his hand over her shoulder for comfort, just as I felt Niall's hands slip around my waist and pull me into his chest protectively. Dad noticed and followed his hands, then looked at Niall. He pursed his lips and gave him a nod, and for some reason it angered me.

"What are you doing here?" I spat, ruder than I intended. 

"We've been looking for you for months. We came back early just to find you," Dad gave a soft smile, I didn't return it. I just stared blankly at them. 

"We heard you were with Niall, so we came looking," Mum explained further, looking at me with signs of hope that I'd let them in. I just stared at them, I didn't know what I was feeling. I was remotely glad to see them, but flashbacks of them screaming and kicking me out came back to me and only angered me. "Can we come in?" She asked, clutching her coat around her. Although it was coming into summer, it was still cold. 

I didn't speak, just slowly held open the door and let them through. They looked around as they walked into the loungeroom. Everyone was silent when their presence came into view, they stared at each other wide-eyed, Harry still held Diana and Chloe now clutched Caleb to her chest, bobbing back and forth. Mum and Dad just stared at the twins, shock was masking their faces. I wanted to hold my children protectively, unaware of how they'd react but Niall kept his hold on me while everyone cleared one of the couches for them to sit. 

Chloe looked at me, asking if I'd be okay. I nodded my head and with that, she walked over and handed Caleb to me. Harry did the same, only gave Diana to Niall. That was the only reason he let his grip slide off me. They all left in silence and once the door slammed shut, I shuffled towards the opposite couch and sat down. Niall seated himself beside me and the four of us went quiet. 

Mum's eyes never left Caleb, as I rubbed the small hairs on his head. "How old are they?" She whispered. It took me a nerve to answer, but after a few seconds I finally did. 

"Only a week," I said quietly back. Mum sucked in a breath and held her hand over her mouth slightly. 

"I'm so, so sorry." She sobbed after trying to stop the waterworks running down her cheeks. There were bags under her eyes that I didn't seem to notice at the door, and she just looked broken and tired. She burried her face in my dad's shoulder. 

"Words can't describe how much we've missed you, and how much we've regretted everything we ever did, we missed you growing through all of this and weren't there to support you through our own grandchildrens births," Dad finally spoke up, his voice was just as fragile and soft as my mums. 

"How are they your grandchildren when you haven't been here? You don't deserve to call them that." I mumbled, leaning against Niall. My dad swallowed and looked down.

"We're sorry for that, but all we ask is for you to forgive us. You're our daughter, and we need you back in our lives." He said as my mum looked back up, wiping her eyes. 

"We love you, you know that. You always have," My mum suddenly cried. I shook my head. 

"Then why did you leave me!? I was scared and worried, I didn't have any parental support. I was lucky enough to have my friends and Niall, who is more of a person than you two combined would ever be!" I yelled. Their words made me mad, upset and I just wanted to cry. Who were they to think they could just waltz back into my life and expect me to accept them straight away? 

"Tori," Niall's voice whispered in my ear as his lips pressed against my temple. I breathed in, letting my eyes stay shut for a few seconds before opening them.

"We were too shocked, we couldn't believe it. It was an in the moment thing, we promise you we never meant to do so," My mum said quietly, her eyes stared directly into mine. I knew she was telling the truth, but hell. How am I supposed to just accept them after what they did? And so soon? I needed time to think about it all. 

I shook my head. "I'm sorry," I said while standing. "But I need to take some time to think about this, I am stressed out too much about your random appearance, and asking for my forgiveness all at once. It's too much. You won't see Caleb and Diana today, and you won't be hearing my forgiving. You can go," I said in a huff and walked towards Niall and I's room. I shut the door quietly and placed a curious looking Caleb on the bed next to me. 

His blue eyes searched the room, arms flailing everywhere. I smiled slightly, as if forgetting everything out there and focussed on him. He was definately a mum's boy. I rubbed my finger over his stomach, trailing little circles in his skin. His hand suddenly grabbed my finger and wrapped around it in a tight grip. I smiled and chuckled, "You're the only boy I'll ever love as much as Niall." I whispered and kissed his nose. 

I heard the front door shut, and footsteps approaching the room. The bedroom door creaked open to reveal none other than Niall and Diana. For an odd reason, we always had the same twins. Diana just seemed to be quieter and went to sleep faster when with Niall, the same goes for Caleb and I. It was strange. 

"I want them to give me some space," I sighed, rubbing my forehead. Niall nodded and sat down with Diana's small head resting in the crook of his neck. 

"I told them to come back in a few days," He smiled. I sent a small smile back and rested my head on the head board. 

"Look at this," I chuckled, motioning towards Caleb's grip on my finger. Niall smiled. 

"He's gonna have guns like his dad." He winked, making me laugh. I loved how he could change me from one mood to a better one. 

"Ha, ha, ha," I said sarcastically. "I guess Diana's just gonna get her looks from me." I smirked. He raised his eyebrow. 

"Mm, that's half true." He smiled cheekily then laughed. I laughed with him, gently slapping his arm. "I'm joking, she'll be just as beautiful as you, Caleb's just gonna be hot like me." He again, said proudly. I raised my eyebrows and only laughed. There wasn't much to disagree on that.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Earlaaaaay updaaaaate, hollerrrrrrrrrrrrr I TOLD YOU GUYS I WOULD WOO WOO WOO AND THIS CHAPTER IS LONGISH KINDA, I HOPE IDK. 

ermegawshhhh I ordered a harry phone case #noregrets I HOPE IT GETS HERE FAST EEEEEH! feelings are everywhere. 

ILY GUYS THANKS FOR THE COMMENTS IT MEANS HEAPS I LOVE READING THEM TBH <3 

~k e l s e y x