Missing somone I dont know

The garden offered a perfect hiding place when the dance instructor arrived. Sebastian had continued to make little comments about Serena joining the earl's lesson during lunch and it had finally driven her from the house. Now, the red head looked out over winter's barren landscape.

The trees were bare of leaves and the flower beds had already been covered in preparation for the first snowfall that had yet to happen. The only blooms to be found were the hardy, winter roses from Germany. When the clouds let loose the flakes they were holding, the blossoms would look like fresh blood on the pristine backdrop.

'I suppose the greenhouse would have been a more appropriate place to hide out, but I run a greater risk of being found there. No one would believe that I would be freezing my butt off in an empty garden.'

There was a large gate just past the rose bushes and Serena's curiosity got the best of her. The latch opened easily and the hinges didn't make a sound. 'Well maintained, like everything else in this house. Can't there be one thing here that isn't perfect?'

Inside she found the same covered bushes and bare, ornamental trees. The cozy corner made it's occupant relax even without the blooms and greenery. A sound from the bushes made Serena jump, her heart pounding in fear.

'Oh, get a hold of yourself. Do you honestly still believe in the 'bush monster?''

A black cat with white on it's chest and paws padded out from under the bush that had rustled and sat in the middle of the walking path. Serena took off her gloves as she walked up the path.

"So, it's just you scaring the crap out of me, huh?" The red head smiled as she knelt to let the feline sniff her fingers. The cat must have decided that she was alright as it rubbed against her fingers.

'I wonder if the cat obsession is true too?' As her fingers stroked the animal's neck she felt something. Picking it up from the sleek fur, Serena saw a necklace with a small, blood red jewel.

"A ruby necklace? Of course he wouldn't just give you a collar."

"Collars and chains are for dogs."

Serena looked up from the jewelry to see Sebastian standing at the gate. A small bowl rested in his gloved hands. The demon wore no extra clothing, but didn't flinch at the bite from the chill wind that had her huddling farther into her cloak.

"I see you found my little secret."

"Trust me, it's not much of a secret. Whoever writes Kuroshitsuji knows all about it."

The demon blinked in surprise that one of his weaknesses was so well known, but recovered quickly. He came forward and set the bowl down. Serena watched as the cat quickly abandoned her for the butler and his offering.

"What's his name?"

"Her, and she hasn't told me yet."

"You talk to animals?" Her voice gave away her disbelief.

"It's more of an impression than an actual conversation. Still, cats are the only animals that I have met in my long life that can completely hide their intentions. I can never really tell what they are going to do next."

"I always thought it was them being capricious more than hiding."

"Perhaps that's it. Or maybe, that's what they want you to think."

Serena laughed.

"It's good that speaking with my master has brought your levity back. Although, I do wonder what you were talking about."

"We were talking about you, of course." She smiled. "Why else would he ask you to leave?"
"I thought so. If you wanted to know about me, I would be a more reliable source," Sebastian said as he stood from the cat.