Agni and Soma

Sebastian hadn't spoken a word to Serena before he followed his Master out the door for their appointment with Lau. The red head decided to wander the halls while they were gone. While smaller than the manor, the Phantomhive family townhouse boasted five bedrooms other than the Earl and Countess's suites, a library/reception room, and a ballroom. Although still clean, the ballroom looked like it hadn't been touched since the previous Earl's time. Chairs and small tables had been pushed against the walls and were covered with white sheets. The doors to the balcony overlooking the garden were shut tight. When she tried to turn one of the locks, the metal screeched and wouldn't move far enough. Serena laughed at one thing the butler hadn't fixed but felt a little sad when she looked at the floor. Buffed to a high shine, she could still see the marks from much use long ago.

The reception room had a more lived in feel with a couple of the books still out on the table and a chessboard set up in front of a wingback chair. There was also a desk against the far wall that held writing instruments and blank paper. It was hard to envision Ciel sitting here after seeing the massive desk that was normally covered at the manor.

The bedrooms held no surprises. Unused, they were still aired out and everything neat. One room was obviously being used, with knick knacks, decorative pillows and bright silk clothes everywhere. There was also a scent of incense that still wafted through the air. Unable to stop herself, Serena walked over to the wardrobe and felt a stab of envy at the colorful silks and touched the pale peach of her own gown.

'Unmarried ladies wear demure colors.' The dressmaker's words came back to her from the day she had gone shopping with Elizabeth.

'Except in evening gowns.'

Sticking her tongue out at the wardrobe, the red head went back to the hall. She saw a door tucked into a corner and figured that it led to the servants' bedrooms.

'I wonder what Sebastian's room looks like?'

The sound of the front door opening stopped her in her tracks.

'Well, so much for that idea. I should have thought of that earlier.'

As she came to the head of the stairs, a strange voice drifted from the entrance.

"It is good to be back, isn't Highness?"

"Yes, Agni."

She stopped dead at the sight of the two Indian men.'Wow, two more that are spot on. Even the clothing is right. Although, no purple hair. I guess this is reality though.'

Both men looked up and saw Serena on the stairs. The white-haired man stepped in front of his prince, pushing the younger man back in a protective gesture.

"Hello, miss. Who are you?"

Sebastian opened the door for his Master and ushered the young Earl into the house. The teen had been deep in thought on the way home after their interview with Lau and was still distracted. Laughing greeted the two and brought his Master out of his thoughts.

Both stared up the stairs and realized that there were multiple voices coming from one of the guest rooms. A masculine laugh drifted down the stairs and Ciel sighed.

"She said that she was going to stay out of trouble."

"At least she didn't leave the house, Master."

The Earl waved his butler off and headed up the stairs. A heavy accent greeted them at the top and Ciel rubbed his forehead in anticipation of the headache that always started around the Prince.

"I had hoped they would stay in Brighton for the holidays," he groaned.

"It seems that is not to be, my lord."

Sebastian walked behind his Master as they went to the room that Prince Soma had claimed in the house. Both stopped dead in the doorway.

Serena sat on the bed, with Soma, propped up against one of the bedposts. Both were dressed in rich and colorful silks of the prince's homeland. The red head was dressed in an outfit reminiscent of an Indian princess with jewelry to match the sunset colored silk. Gold bangles chimed from both wrists with arm bands further up, rings glittered on her fingers and strands of gold set with rubies lay against her red hair.

The three finally noticed the two in the doorway and stopped laughing.

"Ciel!" Soma jumped from the bed to hug the younger lord and Serena laughed at the panic on his face.

"I'm sorry that I did not greet you downstairs." Agni came forward to bow to the both men and welcome them to the house.

Ciel finally peeled the Prince off himself and turned to Serena. "I see that you made some new friends while we were away."

"Oh, yes!" Soma ran back to hug her too. "Serena can be my sister too. We will all share curry tonight!"

She caught Sebastian glare out of the corner of her eye. Serena sighed but pulled away from the Prince anyway.

"How was your visit to Lau?"

"Very informative."

"I'm glad that you did not invite Mr. Lau here." Soma crossed his arms and sat back down on the bed. "I would not share my curry with him."

That seemed a strange statement from the normally happy Prince and everyone in the room noticed it.

"Why is that, Soma?" Serena asked.

"He is not a good person."

'This from the man who sees nothing wrong with the demonic butler,' Serena mused as she watched the two.

"Oh, Ciel. I almost forgot. We made plans to go to the theater tonight. You must come as well." Soma stood with his hands on his hips, prepared for an argument from the anti-social Earl.

"I don't..." He stopped when he saw the hopeful look on Serena's face. Behind the Prince, she put her hands together and nodded excitedly. "Oh, alright."

"Yes!" Serena started forward to hug Ciel as well, but stopped before touching him. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I have work to do." The Earl left and headed for his own room.