War .....

Serena opened her eyes to see the ceiling of the parlor staring at her. She sat up slowly and looked around. The room was perfect, not a book out of place. In the hall, she was met with the same. Nothing was wrong and the house was empty.

"That was some dream, but I don't remember going to sleep." The red head walked through several rooms before going back into the servant's part of the house. She heard noise from the kitchen and sped up.

"Sebastian?" She pushed the door open quickly, expecting to see the demon making tea or whatever Ciel had ordered this time. Her smile fell when Undertaker and Teo looked up from the small table in the corner. The night's events came rushing back and she rubbed her temples, trying to put off the headache.

"Sorry. Not the demon you're looking for." Teo guided her to another chair at the table and stood back. "The Elder has not returned yet."

"So I guess all that really did happen."

"Yes." Undertaker giggled as he set a cup in front of her.

"How long was I out?"

"Only about a half hour. We figured that you were going to be out the rest of the night."

Serena winced. "I can't believe I fainted. What a girl."

"You are a girl."

"I know but that's such a girly thing to do." She took a sip of from the cup and almost spit it back out.

"It will stop you from going into shock." The reaper giggled as he threw back whatever swill was in his own.

"If it doesn't kill me."

"There's nothing toxic in it."

She put the cup down and went to the pantry. "Chocolate helps with shock too. And tastes a whole hell of a lot better."

Teo laughed and she noticed that there was nothing in front of his seat at the table.

"Would you like something Teo?"

Serena froze, remembering that he was a demon and she just offered to feed him. She turned back and the demon in question was watching her with a smirk, knowing exactly what she was thinking.

"Don't worry, my lady. I'm no match for an Elder and I'm well aware of that fact."

"So, I guess that Sebastian is pretty strong then?"

Undertaker burst out laughing so hard the pans hanging from racks fell to the floor. Serena put her hands over her ears to deafen the crash. Both the red head and the demon watched him. Finally, Teo looked back to her and answered as though speaking to a child.

"Yes, the Elder is strong."

"Well, don't make fun of me. It's like I'm an expert on demons or anything." She bristled and bit down on the chocolate bar hard.

"That was hilarious. It was so funny," the reaper smirked. "I believe that it is worth some information."

"Undertaker. The Elder will not be pleased."

"London's demon has no power over me. Besides, I know nothing personal. Only the general knowledge of demons that I have picked up over the years."

Teo shifted uncomfortably in his seat.

"I suppose that if anyone could stand against him, it would be you."

The reaper giggled into his sleeve. "Of course. Why do you think the council asked me to run interference between them and Mr. Butler?"

"I guess that you're kind of a big deal?" Serena looked at the Undertaker. When he said nothing, Teo answered.

"The Undertaker is a legend, even amongst the demons. It's rumored that he's an ancient, one of the first grim reapers, if not the first himself."