Surprise

So, this is where you've been."

Sebastian had already turned from the dishes he was putting away when his mate came into the kitchen

"Yes. Why are you not in bed?" He picked up the next plate and dried it.

"I couldn't sleep." Serena watched him inspect the plate, front and back before setting it gently in the cabinet.

"Is there a problem?"

"No. I have a tendency to be an insomniac. It nothing unusual for me." She sighed and went to sit on the counter beside his workspace. Sebastian twitched a little at her choice of seat and the girl laughed. "It's driving you nuts, isn't it?"

"Counters are not for sitting." The demon grew serious. "Neither are desktops."

"Ah, Ciel told you that I came to visit him." She said a little sheepish.

"Yes, including that you were wearing that." He pointed to the shirt. The demon's displeasure was easy to see.

"I know that I shouldn't have done it. It's just so different here." Serena crossed her legs and held onto the edge of the counter with a sigh. "I thought that I could do it for a while. You know, that whole fake until you make it thing. But, the longer I'm here the more comfortable I get and then I kind of fell back into my normal behavior."

"You normally walk around in a man's shirt?"

"I walk around my apartment in a tank top and underwear." She teased. "Sebastian, things are going to change a lot by the time you get to the years that I'm alive. Everybody is not so...stuck up and proper. People dress completely different. The outfit I was wearing when I showed up here, I was going to see a play at a theater."

"Rules of proper behavior will never change

"Rules of proper behavior will never change."

The red head laughed. "Why did I know that you were going to say that?"

"It seems that Lady Elizabeth is out of bed as well. She is currently creeping toward the kitchen, looking for you." Red eyes flashed as he looked to the door.