So close yet so far

Thankfully, Ciel had insisted that Sebastian help Serena to bed after she started yawning and drooping in her seat. The demon followed behind and had to steady her on the stairs. The second time she stumbled, he picked her up to carry the red head the rest of the way.

"I'm sorry. I'm just so tired." Her voice was thick with sleep as she laid her head on his shoulder.

"There is no need to apologize, my mate. Night is the only time that you seem to let me get close to you."

Serena was tired enough to not notice how the door opened without a hand and shut quietly behind them. In the center of the room, she had to stand for him to unfasten the gown and corset. When she listed to the side, the demon moved her to rest against him. After she was down to just underclothes, he picked her up again to sit her on the bed.

It wasn't until Sebastian slid a hand up her leg that the red head voiced a protest.

"I am only removing you stockings, my mate. You do not want to sleep in them, I assure you."

"That hand better not go any further." Her threat was ruined by another yawn.

"It will not."

She didn't like the look in his eyes and tried to wake herself up. It just wasn't going to happen. The alcohol from the wine at dinner and champagne at the theater combined with the stress and heavy gown, her body was exhausted. It didn't really care about demons and their intentions.

Serena didn't notice the nightgown that appeared next to her or the evil smirk until Sebastian pulled her back up. A squeak escaped when the shift she was wearing was jerked quickly over her head. She felt the cold air of the bedroom and put her arms up to cover herself by instinct. The demon's smile was still present as he slid the nightgown over her head.

"Be honest." She glared are him. "You really are a pervert, aren't you?"

Her only answer was a kiss to her forehead as he slid her under the sheets

Her only answer was a kiss to her forehead as he slid her under the sheets. As soon as her head hit the pillow, darkness sucked Serena under into the world of dreams.