out

Before getting ready to go to the theater, Serena had stopped by the Prince's room to drop off the jewelry that he had loaned to her earlier. She was surprised to see Sebastian leaving the room. The demon looked a little ruffled as he made his way to Ciel's rooms.

Soma had tried to get her to wear the outfit to go out but she finally convinced him that it was simply too cold for that. Now, she wondered what she was going to wear and how to get into it. Sebastian still hadn't spoken to her since this morning and there was no one else to help. She wasn't going to ask Agni for help again after this afternoon. The man had been cherry red every time he looked at her since.

In her rooms, a red gown with extensive embroidery laid on the bed. Serena had fallen in love with the fabric in the dressmaker's shop that first day. The heavy wine-colored silk had been shot through with real gold thread. The red head had tried to put it back as too expensive for her, but Elizabeth had insisted.

'It's perfect for the Season!' The blonde exclaimed while holding a sample up. 'And it actually goes with your hair.'

'She's right, my lady. If you're going to be known as a connection to the Earl of Phantomhive, a dress made out of this will be just what you need.' The dressmaker took the bolt of fabric and walked to the counter.

She ran a hand over the beautiful gown again. 'Hell with it. I'm going to wear it, especially after what Ciel paid for it. If that means that I have to ask him for help, then I guess I'll have to hunt down a certain demon and force him to talk to me.'

Plan in mind, Serena walked into the adjoining room to start a warm bath before she tried to find Sebastian. She stopped in the doorway. The bath was already filled, steam rising from the water. As she drew closer, a light scent of roses greeted her and she saw petals floating on the water's surface. On the bench next to the tub, a towel lay folded and ready to use beside a fresh shift.

She ran a hand over the surface, playing with the soft petals. 'At least I can get out of this outfit without help.'

Serena slipped out of the layers of silk easily and sank into the warm bath. The petals flowed around her body as she lazily trailed her fingers through the water. Trying to relax, her thoughts turned back to the demon.

'When did he do this? Why did he do this? Is it just because it's his job as the butler?'

The wardrobe in the bedroom opened in the next room and the red head realized that she had been lost in thought for a long time. Her fingers were pruned and her body was stiff from sitting in the same position for so long. She shivered at the water that had cooled to an uncomfortable temperature.

Serena quickly dried off and dressed in the underclothes that she could get into without help. She took a deep breath before opening the door to the bedroom, knowing he was waiting.

'Speak of the devil...'

Sebastian stood next to the vanity laying out something on its top. A large box sat next to her hairbrush and a pile of hairpins. She looked back to the bed briefly as he picked up the dress's matching corset.

"Don't you think that is too much for the theater?"

"Of course not." The demon waved her forward and slipped the corset around her body. "Master said that I treat you like a possession."

"Did you honestly ask Ciel for advice?" She giggled and got a rather viscous tug on the corset's laces. "He's a teenage boy, but he's right. I think that is what's bothering me."

"I do not understand." Sebastian peeked over her shoulder.

"I do have a brain and it's fully functional." She glared back at him.