😨

As soon as they entered the townhouse, Sebastian rounded on Serena.

"I have to go pick up Lady Elizabeth. You will go to your room and stay there until I return."

"But..."

"Go!"

She jerked back as Ciel and Sebastian both yelled at her, pointing at the stairs. Agni appeared from the kitchen as Soma stuck his head out from the salon. Even the Prince seemed to realize this was something to stay out of. Serena let out her own growl as she brushed past Soma and went up the stairs. The door to her room slammed.

"Sebastian." Agni came forward.

"She does not leave this house." Sebastian demanded and waited for the other butler's acknowledgment before going back out the door.

Ciel didn't say anything as he stormed up the stairs. Soma followed behind, wondering what had happened. At the door to his rooms, the Earl turned back around and went into Serena's. Agni came up the stairs as the yelling started.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Ciel, nothing happened."

"Do you have any idea what could have happened? You knew about Grell and still you wandered off."

"But..."

"Quiet! I'm beginning to think that I should have let Ronald stay here."

A crash came from beyond the door and both the Indian men jumped.

"You swore that you would not go far and we find you across town!"

"But..."

"Shut up! You walked right into the same building as the man who tried to kill you! And then you stood there and defended the same man? I swear, I wonder whether you're insane or just stupid."

Soma and Agni leaned closer as it stopped for a moment. The front door opened below them and Elizabeth walked into the townhouse followed by Sebastian. The demon heard his Master raging at his mate and did nothing. After taking the lady's outer clothing, he went through the doors to the kitchen.

Lizzy came up the stairs and saw the two outside of one of the guest rooms.

"What's going on?"

"Shh!"

"Sit down! I'm not done yet! With your actions, I'm beginning to think you're an idiot. You will stay in this room until we leave tomorrow. Once we get to the manor, you won't leave there again!"

"Ciel..."

"I don't want to hear it!" The door was wrenched open and the trio outside fell back.

"Ciel," Lizzy tried to touch his arm but he pulled away.

"Not now." The Earl stormed down the hall to his own rooms and slammed the door.

They looked at each other in shock, never having seen the teenager so angry. Lizzy looked to the closed door in front of them.

"Maybe I should talk to her?"

"Don't you dare!" Everyone jumped as the earl's door reopened and he appeared behind them. "She needs to think and obviously her brain shuts off when other people are around."

Anger continued to pour off Sebastian hours later as he finished up in the kitchen. Agni had taken a tray to Serena as Ciel still wouldn't let her leave her room. Lady Elizabeth had escaped to her rooms after her dinner and Ciel had followed into his own. Soma and Agni walked on eggshells around both of the men, afraid to set them off again. All three wondered exactly what had happened in town, but none of them had the courage to broach the subject.

Finally, after his Master was settled and the house quiet, Sebastian had retreated to the kitchen where there was always something to be done. The door swished open and closed while he worked at the sink. The demon didn't turn, he didn't need to.

"You are not supposed to leave your room."

"You never came to see me." Serena played with the too long sleeves of her nightshirt as she stood in the doorway.

"I'm not ready to see you." Sebastian put the glass that he was cleaning down and picked up another.

"You're not coming to bed then?" She took a step forward, still staying close to the door.

"I had not planned on it. Why?"

It was quiet behind him and the demon finally looked over his shoulder. His mate stared at the floor, her hands stroking her hair that hid most of her face. He could smell the scent of tears that clung to her and stopped himself from crossing the distance between them. He was still far too angry to forgive her yet.

"Serena."

"I can't sleep without you." Her voice was quiet, barely a whisper as she finally admitted why she had sought him out.

Sebastian threw down the towel he was holding. "Fine."

"Never mind!" The red head yelled as she lifted her face to glare at him. "I never realized, with all your talk, that it was such an inconvenience to be with me."

Serena spun on her heel and stormed out of the room. Sebastian picked his towel back up and the next glass. After a moment, he threw the glass in the sink, taking pleasure in the sound of it shattering. Gloved hands gripped the edge of the basin as he hung his head.

"Sebastian."

The demon turned, surprised at not noticing someone walking up on him. "Agni? I thought that you had gone to bed already."

"You cannot leave it like this." Agni walked to the counter next to the other butler and opened the cabinet that the glasses belonged in. "Miss Serena swallowed her pride and sought you out, probably to apologize for whatever has upset you and Lord Phantomhive."

"I'm too angry to talk to her right now." He turned back to the sink and the mess he had made.

"It does not matter." He stared at Sebastian. "I gave you advice once before and I will do it again. There will be no end to a battle between two people who will not speak."

Sebastian hung his head again and let out a long sigh. Agni reached past him and took the towel holding the glass shards from his hands.

"Go. I will finish this."

The demon stepped away from the counter and took off the apron. He slipped back into his tailcoat but stopped at the door. "Thank you, Agni."

The Indian man bowed and went back to picking up the glass shards.