Chapter 4

I was in the hospital for two weeks. Apparently I also had a concussion and everytime I tried standing I fell over. Thomas wanted me to stay longer and heal more, but I was going nuts laying in bed. So finally he agreed to release me.

My leg was still in a cast, so Thomas wheeled me down to the car. He thought I was dangerous on my crutches. He'd have to let me use them at the house though; I hoped it was me-proof.

"Hey, I just realized I've never been to your new house, you always came over to see Alex and I. So can you at least tell me about where you're forcing me to live now?" I asked.

When we were younger his house was basically where we lived. It was one street away, perfect for running away to. Yet, when we all became older he never invited us over. Well at least not me.

"Forcing you? That's a little far fetched don't you think. I mean in my opinion you'd be better off with me, because if I let you go on your own who will help you? Your shoulder and leg are still messed up. And besides you don't need to be going back to Colin, which yes, you would be going back to him soon. You need to learn you can have better." He scolded me.

I hated that he had a point. I still wished I could live in my own place, it was a cute little apartment with all my stuff. But he was right. I would need someone to help me and I would end up going back to Colin if I was left on my own. I really needed someone there for me. It was hard finding someone to accept me though. I'm not what most think is 'normal.' I'm very needy. I rely heavily on others to make decisions for me, to make smart choices for me, to make sure I was fed and taken care of.

"And I'd rather just wait and let you see the place. I will tell you it's a little bit out in the country, nice and quiet. Lots of trees to read under, a little pond to swim or fish in. I've got plenty of space so we won't crowd each other. Oh and I will have rules of the house, but I'll explain everything at home."

Rules? What kind of rules did he mean? I just hoped he wouldn't make me do crazy things like be in bed before 7 or dance naked in the rain for good luck. OK maybe I did want to dance naked with him....

I wanted to ask more questions but my pain meds started kicking in and I was out like a light.