Chapter 35

*****Thomas's Point of view*****
I drove to work stunned. I honestly did not know what to do with the fact that Aza wanted to go back to her old life. I wanted to tell her no and keep her in her room. No way I wanted to loose my baby girl. But I understood. If she needed to do this she needed to do this. Me holding her back from it wouldn't do her any good. Even though I don't think it'll be good for either of us.

I'm scare it might make her realize she doesn't want this life either. Loosing her scared me badly.

I tried to focus on my patients. It was hard, as I worked with so many cute kids that reminded me of my baby girl.

The day finally ended. I drove home. Not looking forward to taking Aza to her apartment.

I walked in to everything dark. I heard a tv on upstaires. Once ontop of the staires I realized it was coming from my room. I opened the door to find Aza asleep in my bed.

"Hey baby girl. Wake up." I said shaking her gently

"What, oh crap what time is it?"

"It's about 5:30. How long have you been asleep?"

"Holy crap. I did not mean to sleep that long. I think it was around noon when I laid down. I did some cleaning and go tired."

"Goodness baby. Must have been some intense cleaning" I said tickling her sides

She giggled then got serious, "Will you still take me?" She asked quietly.

"Yes baby. Do you have stuff you need together?"

She shook her head no.

"Go get a bag ready, then how about we grab some dinner before we go there?"

She nodded yes and went to her room. I sat on my bed for a moment. I really hated this. Then I got up and grabbed a few of my t-shirts for Aza to take to sleep in.

I went across the hall as she was sitting down on the bed. She had a bag out, but didn't have anything packed in it.

I could see she was anxious and not really sure where to start.

"Hey Aza, I brought you some t-shirts of mine to sleep in if you want. Do you need help packing?"

"Thanks daddy I do want them. And yes please"

I was happy she kept calling me daddy. I grabbed a couple days worth of clothes for her.

"Are you going to take any of your stuff animals? Or your bedding or pillows?"

She nodded yes. I helped her fold up her comforter and she picked up two pillows and her stuffed elephant from Alex.

"Ready?" I asked her

She nodded yes and took my hand.

The drive was weird. Neither one of us really knew what to say. I held her hand the entire time, not wanting to let go of her.

We ate dinner slowly, dragging time out. At least I did.

Finally we couldn't wait any longer.

I drove her to her apartment and helped her pack things in.

"Alright baby girl. If you need anything call me. No matter for what or what time of day. Text with me throughout the day too please. I love you so much sweetie."

"I love you too daddy. Thank you for being so understanding. You're the best"

"Oh here, you'll need your cell phone. I had it to give to you but you never asked for it and since you were being little usually I figured you didn't need it." I told her pulling it out from my pocket.

"Omg I can't believe I haven't had it this whole time. I didn't even miss it."

"I love you daddy." She said one more time before giving me a deep kiss. I never wanted to let her go. I kissed her as long as possible then realized I needed to let her do this.

"I love you too baby."

With that I turned and left.

I couldn't go back to the house without her yet. Sam had said I was welcome to come out tonight when I told him what was happening this morning. I headed that way.

Knocking on the door I was shortly greeted by Sam.

"Hey buddy who ya doing?" He asked letting me in.

"Not good. That was so hard to do. I wanted to lock her in her room and keep her there with me forever." I told him.

He led us to the kitchen and handed me a beer.

"Thanks man" I told him.

We then went to his study. Sam had a football game on, so I joined him in watching it. I kept waiting for my phone to go off.

Just then Ben came in.

"Daddy can I watch the game with you?"

"Sure buddy come on over," Sam told him.

"Hi uncle Thomas! Is Aza here? Can we okay?" Ben asked cutely, cuddling up on Sam's lap.

"She's off doing something somewhere else. Something big, not little." I told him. I didn't know how to explain it and didn't really want to explain it. Talking about it made me sad.

"Ben honey hush no more questions. Just sit and watch the game." Sam said when Ben went to open his mouth again.

Luckily Ben listened and we just sat there watching the game. It was getting later. Almost 9, which is when I would he making Aza go to bed. I decided to text her to tell her goodnight and see if she was going to sleep soon or not.

Right as I got my phone out it rang. It was Azalea.

"Hey baby I was just going to text you.." I started

"Daddy come get me please" she begged.

I jumped up and ran to the car. I would fill Sam in later.

"I'm on my way princess I'll be there in 5." With that we hung up and I raced back to her apartment.