Chapter 9

Thomas's point of view
***********************
This girl was just too cute. The way she called me daddy half asleep melted my heart. I really can't wait to help her figure out this lifestyle. Growing up she never got a chance to just be a kid. Alex tried his best, but when your parents spend everything on drugs or abuse you, he and her had to grow up faster.

My parents always welcomed them. Alex and Aza stayed over as long as they could with us, but as soon as their parents noticed no groceries or clean dishes or laundry (all of Alex and Aza's job) they'd come marching over demanding they come home.

Alex always worried about Aza. She always let what her parents said get to her the most. She really thought she had no self worth and only deserved an abusive relationship.

She stired gently next to me, placing her thumb in her mouth, and clutching her elephant close. I reached over to my night stand for the unopened pack of pacifiers. I got out an elephant one, and removed her thumb to place it in her mouth.

I didn't want to push stuff on her too fast but six weeks wouldn't be a long time for her to get used to everything. Hopefully she didn't think it was too weird.

I looked at the clock. She's been out for about an hour, it's 7pm. I know I was getting hungry, but the medicine may keep her knocked out for a bit longer.

Getting up gently, I decided I'd go bring in her stuff to her room and order a pizza. By the time it gets here she will probably get up, and I can have her stuff in her room.

First I changed her sheats, replacing the happy suns with her multi colored zebra bedding. Putting all 4 of her pillows and body pillow on the bed. I took a couple other blankets I found in her room and put them in her closet. Next I started hanging up her clothes, and placing her shoes in the closet.

First chance I get I'm taking this girl shopping for new stuff. Her apartment barely had anything in it. What I grabbed for her I know meant a lot to her. But a little girl deserved cute new clothes, and toys.

I grabbed a few books from her shelf at home and placed them on the mostly empty, book shelf. Finally I placed her computer in her night stand. I hoped these few things made the room feel better for her.

A knock at the door let me know the pizza was here. After paying I went to the kitchen and set the boxes down. Then went upstairs to wake my girl.

She was already sitting up. Messy bed hair everywhere.

"Oh good you're awake princess. I thought I'd have to pry you from the pillows with a crow bar." I said dramatically making her giggle.

"Nope I have to pee so I'm awake." She said getting a slight blush

"Can you help me Tommy?" She said looking away from me. Oh that's why she blushed.

"Of course sweetie" I picked her up and carried her to the toilet. I know she wants to walk, but she's so clumsy on the crutches especially with the sling on her arm still.

I set her down having her lean on her good leg so I could pull her panties down then sat her on the toilet.

She finished and just kind of looked at me.

"Do you need help wiping or ?" I asked her.

She blushed and shook her head no. Then tried to get toilet paper with one hand. It was a little clumsy so I reached over and got her some, handing it to her. I turns around so she could wipe. The helped her off and pulled her underwear back on. Turning her to the sink I helped her was her hands.

"Alrighty. I ordered us pizza I hope you're hungry" I said carrying her downstairs.

"I no hungry I'm sleepy" she said.

"Oh well you need to try and eat. Otherwise you can't get any medicine later," I told her.

Sitting her down in a chair and placing a slice in front of her, I watched her stare at it in disgust. It was hawiann which I know she loves. And she hasn't eaten since this morning, she really needed to eat.

"Would you like some milk, water or juice," I asked her.

"Do you have sprite? Soda is best with pizza" she asked with cute little eyes.

"Was that an option I gave you?" I asked her.

She started pouting "No. I guess I'll take juice."

"You mean, I'll have juice please" I said with a stern look.

"Yes. I'll have juice please." She corrected.

By the time I gave her juice and got my own plate she still hadn't touched hers. She was just drinking her juice with her head on the table.

"Aza please eat the pizza. I know it's your favorite and you like it. Just one slice is all you have to eat and then we can watch a little tv."

Slowly she took a bite. It was like as soon as she did her body knew it needed food. Quickly eating the first she even asked me for a second.

After eating I carried her up to my room again and we decide to watch a movie there. She looked tired so I figured she be half asleep by the time it was over.

After picking a movie on Netflix, I was correct she was out before it was even halfway over. The clock read 10:00 when she was asleep. Her medicine would be wearing off soon and she'd probably be awake around midnight for more.

I decided I better get some sleep while I could too. The medicine was every 6 hours so after the midnight medicine she'd have me up again for at 6am.

I curled into her and kissed her head. "Goodnight princess" I whispered before going to sleep.